I think we have HUGE egos to think that we can understand the vastness of God.
Spoken like a Christian. I'm glad I didn't say it!
If that is true, why would God take the form of only a human, which thus far is found to exist on only one planet? Also, why did God wait to take the human form, thousands of years after the humans walked the planet?
That's a really cool thing to think about. As a Christian, my mind tends to go this way: What if there are other beings on other planets? And what if he loves them just as much? Or--even better--what if there is a place that looks like Genesis' Garden of Eden, where Adam and Eve
didn't eat the apple, where the people are still walking with God in the cool of the day? It's a nice thought.
And I have lots of thoughts about why he waited thousands of years, but I'm going to ponder them in my heart for a while. (And fold my laundry.)
I will add that God would have a belly button if God were human, but then again, that wouldn't make God, God, because then God's momma would be God, unless God made God, and if that is the case, we have much bigger questions, rather than who is God. How can God make God, if God didn't exist prior to the creation of God? See how confusing the math is?
Even though you're being a complete smart@$$, this is the one big mamby-jamby question that really intrigues me. (I already told you I don't have an answer to it; only thoughts.) The one comment I'll make before I get to the aforementioned laundry is that how come this is such a fly in the ointment and the Big Bang isn't? Why doe scientists rewind to the Bang, but never ask what Banged? Einstein told us that something can't come from nothing, so we know that SOMETHING had to be there before the Bang. ALL of the arguments about the Origins of Man are really about the
Develoment of Man; we still don't know where we really, really came from.
I thought the idea was that you only had a belly button if you were "born" w/ an umbilical cord, so Adam/Eve wouldn't have one.
Appendix is still a head scratcher. Random thing to not have, like a gall bladder!
Belly buttons are scars which are only borne by those who were borne. No mother, no belly button. Appendices are just a piece of intestine (like the piece right behind the belly button) which nobody really needs.
For what it's worth, I don't have an appendix, and the back half (inside) of my belly button has been removed, too. Therefore, I must be God.