• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
It seems lawsuits are sometimes the only way to get attention. From experience it appears that the county is always behind the 8 ball as a defendant and always backs down or loses.

I thought the saying was "you can't fight city hall". I guess city hall has professionals who do their jobs well, have clear policies, and decent lawyers.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Present company excluded I hope:D..... assuming I run again, which I really have not yet decided. Running for office is time consuming, can be expensive and if elected (be careful what you ask for), is hard on your family. Having said all of that, I have enjoyed being an elected official... and hope I have served well.

Yes, present company is excluded. I was referring to the County Commission. I did not mean to ignore the school board. Although I am waaay past the age of having school children, it is my understanding and observation that you have done a wonderful job! I hope you will run again.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Funny. You must talk to different Commissioners than I do. I had a long "chat" with one today about the rape of our beach by the large dirt haulers. I got no "I don't know's" nor do I usually. What I do get when it is "I don't know, is I don't know but I'll find out and let you know". Maybe you should try "go there, try again" instead of "been there, done that".

Gotten any answers yet?

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
Walton County's elected officials are poster children for term limits.

What do term limits have to do with those responses under oath?

Any commissioner, 2 months or 2 terms into office, willing to answer questions in a deposition as seen in the video, has no business being in office, ever, IMO.

Yes, it's an old video & old news, but still appalling behavior to me.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Instead of complaining about term limits, just stop electing and reelecting these morons!

Annie66

Beach Lover
Mar 21, 2012
Seagrove Beach
It's too bad we don't have people who would serve on the county commission and school board for no salary. That would be an indication of who really is interested in public service and doing the right thing. A friend recently attended the once a month school board meeting recently and she told me that it lasted 35 minutes. I'm not sure what salaries are for elected officials but whatever it is it's pretty good money.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Serve full term to which you are elected?

Present company excluded I hope:D..... assuming I run again, which I really have not yet decided. Running for office is time consuming, can be expensive and if elected (be careful what you ask for), is hard on your family. Having said all of that, I have enjoyed being an elected official... and hope I have served well.

Are you going to serve the full term, Mr. Davis, or will you leave the school board in the middle of the term to run for Judge LaPorte's seat when he retires? If you run for school board, though, I think it is only right to serve the full term to which you are elected.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The world is full of "ifs" and "buts" and if we paid strict attention to them nothing would ever get done. It would be productive to serve half a term favorably than to serve none at all. Life is full of changes and we cannot account for favorable solutions to all of them. Run if you wish, Mr. Davis, regardless of what future event may transpire.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Not a zero sum game

The world is full of "ifs" and "buts" and if we paid strict attention to them nothing would ever get done. It would be productive to serve half a term favorably than to serve none at all. Life is full of changes and we cannot account for favorable solutions to all of them. Run if you wish, Mr. Davis, regardless of what future event may transpire.

If this were a zero sum game, I might agree that a half-term favorably served is better than none at all. Instead, others are available and willing to favorably serve a full term.

Running for office necessarily implies that the candidate makes a commitment to serve for the entirety of the office's term. Implying such a commitment while intending to seek another office before the expiration of the first is disengenous and dishonest.

In any event, don't you agree it is a fair question deserving of a fair and honest answer? Absent an answer, isn't it safe to assume a candidate intends to serve the full term?