• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

your first cd

New posts
I know I think like a dinosaur, but when I buy music I like to have something tangible.

me too, still can't get into the downloading mentality

Have you noticed vinyl making a comeback? It seems like I am frequently spotting turntables for sale nowadays. That is great. I loved big 33 RPM records because of the art. I used to have Alice Cooper's Schools Out where it unfolded into a school desk, as well as Led Zeppelin III with the spinning wheel on it. And do you remember when CDs first came out they sold them in those long cardboard boxes?!

yep - we go to the antique malls and look for old albums...

You mean they weren't? :idontno:

i'm pretty sure karen carpenter wasn't on acid - she didn't put anything in her mouth, including food...
 
i'm pretty sure karen carpenter wasn't on acid - she didn't put anything in her mouth, including food...

Awww...I love me some Karen Carpenter!
 
Instant Art...take all those album covers and buy some of those frames for them. I got some a few years ago at Restoration Hardware. Great for a teenagers room!
 
What a funn thread - thanks Audie! I can't remember my first CD either. First 45 was "Radar Love" by Golden Earring. And first album was - oh God I'm embarrassed to admit this - "I Write The Songs" by Barry Manilow. :blush:

By the way folks, summer is over and I'm officially reclaiming my computer now that the kids are back in school. Missed y'all!
 
What a funn thread - thanks Audie! I can't remember my first CD either. First 45 was "Radar Love" by Golden Earring. And first album was - oh God I'm embarrassed to admit this - "I Write The Songs" by Barry Manilow. :blush:

By the way folks, summer is over and I'm officially reclaiming my computer now that the kids are back in school. Missed y'all!

:welcome: back tat!!! How was your trip?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top