• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Grayton beach will be closed to the public this 4th of July. Please make alternate plans or seek a different venue.:roll:

truly? how do they plan to do that I wonder? in a way, I think they do need to shut down the shoulder to shoulder amateur fireworks show on the beach with hundreds of cars and children, etc... out of control.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
What to do or not miss. We're staying close to Seaside in Seagrove.
thanks

Seaside parade on 30A, starting early AM the 4th. If you're staying between Angelina's and Seaside, it will go right by you.

There's also the Grayton parade.

A good time for all at either.

Fireworks almost anywhere along the beach. Big shows at Rosemary and Seaside. There are almost always some individuals who go all out and nearly match these. Last year, someone had a big batch at Seacrest.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
What to do? Avoid the amateur drunks' holiday "festivities." Hit the am parade in Grayton or Seaside, then help clean up, eat some Q or hotdogs, avoid drinking all day and turning lobster-red, and avoid all incoming fireworks and explosions being launched by drunks with fire and gunpowder. Did I mention to avoid the drunks? Try to avoid them on the road, too. If you are going to drink alcohol, find a sober person in the group to drive, if you decide to wander too far from home-base.