• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaynay

Beach Comber
Nov 12, 2007
Well, I managed to comb the crazy out of my hair and have scrubbed off the last remnants of the lip paint. I have no idea what to do with myself now.

I've never enjoyed any play, first rehearsal to closing night, as I've enjoyed this one. Now all that remains is striking the set, and I'm just beginning to realize how much I'll miss it. A huge thank-you to the Rep for the oppurtunity and to our fearless leader Kevin for being a smashing director. And of course, none of this would have been possible without the community's support. It's been a terrific, if not somewhat bumpy, ride.

Good Hunting,
Madame Arcati
Kendell McNay

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Excellent presentation by students at South Walton High School. Well done and throughly enjoyable. Pleased to have attended the last night and to listen to the question and answer time with the students. On the program the maid was not listed, who is she and her background. The other presenters were highlighted.

Check your program again- she is listed- Bri Weintraub, who played Edith the maid AND was the co-lighting designer!:clap:

BTW- I love that y'all are posting on YOUR thread! Glad you saw it. Now do a search on this website using "Blithe Spirit"- it will keep you busy reading for daaaaayyyyysssss......;-)

scottalderson

Beach Comber
Jun 27, 2007
saw the sat night show and was blown away by the talent, effort and enthusiasm of you young thespians. what a great performance and great production and you should all be proud of yourselves for taking such negativity and ignorance and so gracefully refusing to give up. refreshing and uplifting!

kevin and the rep - thanks to you all for enhancing our community with such a well run professional theater company - we are lucky to have it!:clap::clap::clap:

missprez

Beach Crab
Nov 16, 2007
Thank you to everyone who came out and supported us in this play. I know a lot of my fellow cast members have already said this, but it really meant a lot to us. Also, thanks to Kevin and the REP for allowing us to perform on their stage. Like Bri said, it was an opportunity of a lifetime! I have to agree with Kendell when I say that this was the most fun I have had while rehearsing for and performing a play.

--Meredith Kelly (Elvira)

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Wow- since last fall, Blithe Spirit has generated enough press to fill a BIG scrapbook.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/12563

Also- the Beach Breeze has the BEST article yet- a fabulous review of the play. Pick up your copy of the paper this week! (ALeonard- is there a way to post the article?) The actors are going to flip when they read their awesome reviews!

And one last update- the Walton County School Board is working to change the challenged materials policy, which we learned about during the Blithe challenge. Thanks (once again) to Mark Davis- he is heading up the change to the current policy, and even e-mailed a copy of the proposed changed policy to several of us that have been asking for the "improvement". We are keeping a look-out for the public hearing on this change.

From The Walton Sun:

CHALLENGED MATERIAL TO STILL BE TAUGHT

The board discussed changing current rules to allow challenged material(s) to continue being taught while a decision from the district is being made on the item.
Davis said removing items from the classroom because of a challenge could affect the way a class is taught due to the timeliness of the review process.
?Why don?t we just strike it (policy)?? he said. ?What is wrong with keeping material in classroom until the board decides to remove it??
Board attorney Ben Holley agreed.
?It?s going to remain status quo until you remove it,? he said.
The current policy allows a child whose parent or guardian is challenging material, to be removed from the assignment or activity.
Last year, two books were challenged in the district, as well as the highly publicized play ?Blithe Spirit? at South Walton High School.
A finalized copy of the district challenged materials rules will be advertised for a public hearing.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Wow- since last fall, Blithe Spirit has generated enough press to fill a BIG scrapbook.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/12563

Also- the Beach Breeze has the BEST article yet- a fabulous review of the play. Pick up your copy of the paper this week! (ALeonard- is there a way to post the article?) The actors are going to flip when they read their awesome reviews!

And one last update- the Walton County School Board is working to change the challenged materials policy, which we learned about during the Blithe challenge. Thanks (once again) to Mark Davis- he is heading up the change to the current policy, and even e-mailed a copy of the proposed changed policy to several of us that have been asking for the "improvement". We are keeping a look-out for the public hearing on this change.

From The Walton Sun:

CHALLENGED MATERIAL TO STILL BE TAUGHT

The board discussed changing current rules to allow challenged material(s) to continue being taught while a decision from the district is being made on the item.
Davis said removing items from the classroom because of a challenge could affect the way a class is taught due to the timeliness of the review process.
“Why don’t we just strike it (policy)?” he said. “What is wrong with keeping material in classroom until the board decides to remove it?”
Board attorney Ben Holley agreed.
“It’s going to remain status quo until you remove it,” he said.
The current policy allows a child whose parent or guardian is challenging material, to be removed from the assignment or activity.
Last year, two books were challenged in the district, as well as the highly publicized play “Blithe Spirit” at South Walton High School.
A finalized copy of the district challenged materials rules will be advertised for a public hearing.

I'll try and get a copy of the article posted by Monday. I don't believe Bruce is in until Monday and he will have to send me his final edit.:wave:

Last edited: