• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Who has the best pizza in South Walton

• Spicy Noodle

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Angelina's

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Bruno's

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Pizza By the Sea

Votes: 74 47.7%
  • Sugar Pies

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Fat Daddy's

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Enzo's

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Amore

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Carabba's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fat Clemenza's

Votes: 19 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
Love the 8 oz. Cokes. Love the Pickle Factory. An update on refills...... for iced tea, The FIRST refill is free. Jeff explained they make small batches of fresh tea and it has only been of late, he had to put a policy in place about tea refills. No more confusion or hurt feelings.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
SJ, the cost of the syrup is also dependent on the size of the box. A 3 gallon box averages 30-40 bucks and a 5 gallon box averages 50-60. When you get into certain specific types such as 7-UP and other independent companies the price goes up. It's almost impossible for a restaurant to loose on fountain drinks. That's why even the cheapest of restaurant owners will allow the employees to drink for free.

ElledgeL

Beach Comber
Jul 18, 2009
Seacrest Beach
First of all, we had no idea that our first post on the Pickle Factory would get so much attention and I am a little sad that it has gotten negative attention. We want this place to stay around in the off season and for a very long time.

I still think that the Pickle Factory (PF) has hands up the best pizza in the geographical area (if you like thin crust.)

I remember back in the beginning of Operation Enduring Freedom/ Operation Iraqi Freedom and the guys I worked with would not eat or drink anything that was from France, ie.....Brie/Bordeaux wine, etc. I then would not cut off my nose despite my face (I like what I like) and I will not now. I can adapt to most situations if the food is good and I like what they have. I will NOT adapt when the food is not great.

We don't normally drink ice tea. However, the issue did bothered us. The other day we debated and debated whether or not to go to the PF and our taste buds and hearts won out. It was excellent... I even give up my cocktails for the pizza! That says a lot.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I find it amazing that more people don't drink water.

THIEF! Well, you went and stole my post. :D

Sodas are FULL of calories that you suck down and soon forget. I'd rather use my calories on memorable food.

I can't wait to be introduced to this new pizza hang out!

SneakyPete

Beach Lover
May 8, 2009
I think the main problem for me with such a hefty refill price would be if it were not prominently displayed on the menu. Restaurants can charge whatever they want for whatever they want, in theory anyway (inappropriate prices will eventually catch up with them), but no one wants a SURPRISE when the bill comes.

I haven't seen the menu for The Pickle Factory, so I can't say if 30ABandman missed some bold print or fine print or if there wasn't any print at all telling him the price of refills.

One of our favorite Thai restaurants charges a $1 refill on all drinks except water. The menu reads: "Iced Tea $2 (refills $1)." That lets us know we can either drink a glass of tea and then switch to water, or go HOG WILD and spend another dollar on a second glass of tea...if its our anniversary or something. (From a practical standpoint, I do wonder at what point the cost of handling/washing the extra water glasses would outweigh the cost of simply giving the customer a free refill of tea or fountain soda.)

Anyway, this post won't stop me from trying The Pickle Factory (although we're addicted to The Pizza Bar). I might raise some eyebrows at the prices in Sowal, in general, but as long as the prices are displayed on the menu and I can order as an informed consumer, I can't complain.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
First of all, we had no idea that our first post on the Pickle Factory would get so much attention and I am a little sad that it has gotten negative attention. We want this place to stay around in the off season and for a very long time.

I still think that the Pickle Factory (PF) has hands up the best pizza in the geographical area (if you like thin crust.)

I remember back in the beginning of Operation Enduring Freedom/ Operation Iraqi Freedom and the guys I worked with would not eat or drink anything that was from France, ie.....Brie/Bordeaux wine, etc. I then would not cut off my nose despite my face (I like what I like) and I will not now. I can adapt to most situations if the food is good and I like what they have. I will NOT adapt when the food is not great.

We don't normally drink ice tea. However, the issue did bothered us. The other day we debated and debated whether or not to go to the PF and our taste buds and hearts won out. It was excellent... I even give up my cocktails for the pizza! That says a lot.

I believe the term is "Cut off your nose to spite you face".

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com