• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

LO Cal

Beach Crab
Jan 14, 2011
Went to Shoo Mamas Last night on a friends recomendation. Having Heard others say it was worth the trip we descided to give it a try. The expereance was fantastic to say the least. Food was delicious and very well priced, drinks were cheap and service was great. We took part in their 1/2 price bottle wine feature and got a bottle of LA Crema for around 30 bucks, yes 30 bucks!!! My husband had The Steak with crispy onions and I had the Redfish, while the kids enjoyed fried shrimp and grilled chicken. Finished up with Carmel Pie and were out the door for dirt cheap thought I was ripping the place off. We have lived in this area for around 15 years and have seen alot come and go but this one should be here to stay. Thank you Shoo Mamas we will see you soon!!!!

deepender

Beach Comber
Jul 2, 2009
I wish I had a similar experience, but sadly did not. I thought the food and service were poor. Maybe I should give it another try.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
We have had nothing but great results with Shoo Mamas. It is now one of our favorite places. By the way, WELCOME, LoCal. (Don't know where the "Welcome" emoticon went.)

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
We too have had only good experiences...except the other night when they ran out of grouper :sosad:--but my shrimp was excellent and everyone in our party had delicious food. Service was great...sometimes it is a bit noisy for me, but I can say that about just about every restaurant....so, I don't let that stop me from the good food and fun atmosphere.

LO Cal, when we're at the beach, we normally eat seafood and at the non-pricey restaurants because the only places back home with good seafood are expensive restaurants.

But one day someone recommended the diablo burger at Shoo Mama's. We tried it. It's topped with fried jalopenos, pepper jack, and Sriracha mayo. The sourdough bun is excellent as well. It's our favorite burger.

But not "LO Cal." :lol:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
The caramel pie is my favorite dessert in South Walton. I almost didn't try it- now I am sorry I did!:lol: Oreo cookie crust and about 2 inches of straight, gooey caramel, chilled so it is firm. OMG.

The caramel pie is my favorite dessert in South Walton. I almost didn't try it- now I am sorry I did!:lol: Oreo cookie crust and about 2 inches of straight, gooey caramel, chilled so it is firm. OMG.
I wish you hadn't told me that. ;-)

BTW I know you like pumpkin pie. On the Today Show yesterday they were cooking pumpkin pancakes. I thought of you. I'm definitely trying them. ?Crabby Cook? makes killer pumpkin pancakes - foodwine - Today: Food: Recipe - TODAYshow.com

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Shoo Mama's is great The only problem I've had was almost two months ago - took a group there for a early afternoon lunch after a meeting at work, and it took over an hour for our lunch to be served. We were the only folks in the place.

Food was great, though. I just know now to ask how long it will take - or call 30 minutes ahead - so I don't get in trouble again. :sosad:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I got my bacon fix this morning at Liar's Club ( they have the BEST bacon!!) and now I really really want a piece of caramel cake! Going to have Dargvader hide my car keys.