• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

hutch

Beach Lover
Good Reason to Vote;

Please go and vote in the upcoming elections. See where your candidate stands on insurance issues. If he or she getting big donations from the big insurance company look out:D

SJ- Do you not know that you living in a great country that does not required people to pay their bills. Buy everything and transfer all of your assets to some one else and file for bankruptcy. I see this everyday. Makes me wonder why I am paying my bills on time or even working. Do not get me wrong some people have no choice but to file bankruptcy due to health or other reasons, but some just what to get out of debt the easy way and not have to pay for the toys they bought.

just a thought

the hutch

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Good Reason to Vote;

Please go and vote in the upcoming elections. See where your candidate stands on insurance issues. If he or she getting big donations from the big insurance company look out:D

INSURANCE COMPANIES SHOWER FLORIDA POLITICIANS WITH DONATIONS

"While some candidates criticize the law as an industry sellout, Florida's top insurance regulators, such as state Chief Financial Officer Tom Gallagher, a Republican running for governor, say it was just the start of a solution. His 2006 gubernatorial campaign has received at least $379,000 in donations from the insurance industry. Only the Republican and Democratic state parties and Bush's gubernatorial campaigns have received more money from the state's insurers than Gallagher has taken in for his 2006 race for governor."

laurawood

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2006
a good reason to vote for a third party candidate! Get rid of all the democrats & republicans.....................the government is way too corrupt.

pmd8

Beach Lover
Jul 27, 2005
If at all possible, put the money you would pay for premiums into a cd or money market account and become self-insured. My hurricane damage in South Florida and the Panhandle has always been less than the 10% deductible. It's a definite gamble but if you are faithful about paying into the account you will generally come out ahead. Of course if you have a 100% loss next year I take it all back.

I've gone bare for several years. I would continue with liability insurance however as it is relatively cheap.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
If at all possible, put the money you would pay for premiums into a cd or money market account and become self-insured. My hurricane damage in South Florida and the Panhandle has always been less than the 10% deductible. It's a definite gamble but if you are faithful about paying into the account you will generally come out ahead. Of course if you have a 100% loss next year I take it all back.

I've gone bare for several years. I would continue with liability insurance however as it is relatively cheap.

Interesting thought. My husband and I were talking about that the other day.

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
a good reason to vote for a third party candidate! Get rid of all the democrats & republicans.....................the government is way too corrupt.

GODvsBUSH.gif

Note that this image was created by someone on September 14, 2004, Ivan struck on the 16th on the AL/FL border. Then Jeanne came along following a path similar to that of Frances.

Last edited:

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
Also another note on the accuracy of the map above. The author has the Lower Keys as being a separate entity from that of Monroe County, of which they are part of. So, while in theory the author could have found out if Keys residents preferred Bush over Gore, most public records would have displayed this information on a county by county basis.

Last edited:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Selfish, yeah, but I am personally very glad that wasn't the path Ivan actually took. :shock:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You got that right ShallowsNole. No wonder people think we got hit by Ivan and still don't have beaches or rentals.