• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Liv'smom

Beach Lover
Oct 5, 2006
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
On Saturday, my 2 and 9 year old little girls were playing in my front yard, when a Walton County Sheriff's deputy came by patroling the neighborhood. We live near the end of a cul-de-sac in an undeveloped neighborhood with my family as my only neighbors and my 9 year old is very responsible, so my husband and I don't think twice about the girls playing in the yard unsupervised, until Saturday. According to my 9 year old, who is actually my step-daughter, he stopped the car and asked the girls if they wanted to get into his car and turn on the siren. Now, my 9 year old's mom is really great and has taught her all about not getting in the car with strangers, but apparently never said anything about police officers, because she climbed right in with my 2 year old right behind her. :eek: I was really shocked. I couldn't believe that a trained police officer would invite 2 little girls into his patrol car with not one adult in site. My husband didn't seem to see any harm in it, but I think it was completely inappropriate. I told my 9 year to come in the house if that ever happened again, and that if it was a real police officer, he would understand. I'm wondering if anyone thinks I should persue this to find out who the officer was and find out what in the hell he was thinking or just count my blessings that nothing happened to them. Does anyone else think this was out of line? :dunno:

KISH7374

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
In this day and age you can never be too careful. I think it was completely out of line and the officer should be reported. What in the world was he thinking?:dunno: :dunno:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I think it was completely out of line. I would definetly call the sherrifs office and tell them what happened. I am amazed that he would do this. Thank god nothing bad happened!!!!!

montgomery30

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2006
Montgomery, AL
You are TOTALLY right. That is way out of line. I would call and report the insolent
immediately. He could perhaps be a new cop to the field and was not thinking; however that is a liability risk for the police as well as confusing to the child. Thank God he was a real policeman!!! Keep us posted!
:eek:

Liv'smom

Beach Lover
Oct 5, 2006
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
Thank you. I believe I'm going to call them when I get home this evening. Even if it was completely innocent, he needs to know that there are sue happy, sick people out there who would pounce on an opportunity like that. I can't imagine why he would put himself out there like that if he didn't mean anything by it. Well, if he is a sicko, at least there is a report of him attempting something before.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Isn't that what perverts do to get kids in their car....hey kid your mom was hurt and I was sent here to take you to the hospital and kids think they are cops! Call Ralph Johnson, and remember there are cops that have perversions.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Thank you. I believe I'm going to call them when I get home this evening. Even if it was completely innocent, he needs to know that there are sue happy, sick people out there who would pounce on an opportunity like that. I can't imagine why he would put himself out there like that if he didn't mean anything by it. Well, if he is a sicko, at least there is a report of him attempting something before.
I completely agree with the other posters and also feel that as you have mentioned - if he is a sicko, this needs to go on record. I hope you will be able to track this officer down. Good luck and keep us posted. We all learn from threads like this.