• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
My understanding of the meeting is that an alternative was offered: Redfish Village should make use of the 4 public beach access walkways that are in the neighborhood right in front of the Redfish Village Development. There are four roads that become six roads going directly to these walkways directly across C-30A from Redfish Village. Why can't these roads and walkways be used to spread out these folks and do less damage to the beach? The access is already there!

if i recall correctly, mr. zeitlin was the one who mentioned it, that his people could use any of them, but they preffered to offer the shuttle service

Also, why is it the neighborhood's responsibility to offer a solution to Redfish Village's dilemma. The neighborhood didn't create the Redfish Village access problem; Redfish Village did that by themselves.

it's not, but they seem to feel it's their job to fight against what RF want's to do with their property. who created the problem will eventually be decided by the court. or arbitration, or something. so, based on that, if RF gets their desired outcome, it will be percieved(sp?) the the BMB group created the problem, if indeed the outcome is in favor of thr BMB group, then it will appear the RF created the problem.

guess we'll have to wait and see.

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
My understanding of the meeting is that an alternative was offered: Redfish Village should make use of the 4 public beach access walkways that are in the neighborhood right in front of the Redfish Village Development. There are four roads that become six roads going directly to these walkways directly across C-30A from Redfish Village. Why can't these roads and walkways be used to spread out these folks and do less damage to the beach? The access is already there!

That was not offered as an alternative but it is an existing situation that was discussed. The neighbors also object to people walking and driving through their neighborhood and fear their peace will be disturbed and their roads and beaches trashed. (The attachment below was sent out quite awhile ago and is kind of funny in a way, but not really.) However there's nothing legally they can do about that.

John R made a comment about the developers using the public access at 83 as an alternative but he probably didn't realize that the developer is on the hook to provide a private access to the east of 83 at the end of Sand Dunes Road. The 2nd lot they're working on now to the west of 83 is a material change and contracts will probably be voided by many purchasers.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
I responded to your private post; if you didn't get my response to your private post, why did you go ahead and use the comment?

Also, why are you using a private post to discuss these issues with me? Please use the open forum in the future.

as i mentioned, i did not receive any correspondance from you.

this is the extent of my PM to you: i hope you don't mind if i use that in my sig line for a while. lmao.

i'm confused as how the above constitutes discussing the issues with you.

BMBWalker

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2006
as i mentioned, i did not receive any correspondance from you.

this is the extent of my PM to you: i hope you don't mind if i use that in my sig line for a while. lmao.

i'm confused as how the above constitutes discussing the issues with you.

What was your "suggestion"?

BMBWalker

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2006
this is the part i'm confused about. i pm'd you requesting use and that's it. i got no response, and used it anyway. i have/had no communication back from you in the form of a PM.

#[ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/showpost.php?p=183740&postcount=62"]62[/ame] [ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/member.php?u=2383"]SoWal Beaches Forum[/ame] vbmenu_register("postmenu_183740", true);
needs to get out more
Beach Bum

[ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/member.php?u=2383"][UR"]SoWal Beaches Forum[/ame][/URL]

Re: Surfrider Member meeting
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMBWalker [ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?p=183727#post183727"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
The guard that checked your papers last night and gave you access to BMB was fired this morning.

i spit my cereal out reading that one. good thing i turned my head, or my computer would have fried. i'm still laughing. confused as to the cross-post though. but i did get a response.;-) hopefully you'll get to the bottom of this surfrider thing somehow. why not come to the next meeting?

Are you just coming off or going on your meds?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SJ...well said; what are the two developments you mention? I only know of Redfish Village that is trying to get private access for their owners, guest, renters and invitees.
I didn't say that the two developments were trying to get private access, even though Redfish Village is trying to do so. Rather, I state that they will be using the public access at hwy 83. In addition to Redfish Village owners and guests using that public access, the new subdivision located adjacent and north of Redfish Village will also be using that public access at 83. I forget the name of that s/d, but it is the 4th of the developments which I mention heavily impacting BMB. Those developers have already illegally built a bridge across the wetlands around the northern edge of Big Redfish Lake, which was totally unnecessisary.

BPickelTDC

Beach Lover
Jun 30, 2006
Brad...could you save me some time and energy by pointing me to the recorded platted public beach you reference; where in the Walton County records, for that sub-division, is that defined and recorded?

Good to hear from you!

It's in the original plat for the Blue Mountain Beach Subdivision. The property appraisers office at the Annex could probably help you find it quite easily. Good luck finding what you need. :D

Go Gators

Beach Comber
Aug 5, 2005
are these developers the sames ones affiliated with mosaic who built several houses in rosemary beach without a florida contractors license?