• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
:clap_1: They are beautiful! Keep them coming!!:clap_1: :clap_1:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sj,

Kelsey is playing up there this weekend. I would love it if you did one of her!!! Those are sooo cool and very good!

I could see that she had the singing bug in her eye either last week or the week prior, when she was just listening to the others perform. I make no promises or committments when it comes to art. It starts to become more like work when you "have" to do it, and it is not as exciting, though I do appreciate your request, and I would love to draw your entire immediate family, but that could take a long time. All of you guys have that model look going on -- Brody, especially. Sometimes I just have to feel it, and it is spur of the moment.

Both Kelsey and Tasha need to hit the stage some more. They are very easy on the ears.

spongegirl

Beach Comber
Oct 6, 2006
~bythesea
lovely illustrations Smiling JOe, bravobravo ;-) thanks for sharing
Ceruleans = Green Hit plays saturday evening from 6-7 ???
seems kind of early, no :roll:

anyone know the rest of the evenings venue ???

thanks much ya'll - make it a beautiful day !
groovy vibrations ~

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Ceruleans = Green Hit plays saturday evening from 6-7 ???
seems kind of early, no :roll:
Not too early for me, but I am not a late nighter. By the way, I think the time you posted is incorrect for Saturday's show. 30A Review has been playing at Cerulean's on Sat nights from 7pm -10pm. I see on Green Hit's site, that they are scheduled for an earlier show on Sun, Feb 4, at 6pm.

I don't think Cerulean's is trying to be a late night venue because they are supposed to shut down the tunes at 10pm. To me 6pm sounds like a great time to enjoy a glass of wine and listen to some music.

spongegirl

Beach Comber
Oct 6, 2006
~bythesea
Not too early for me, but I am not a late nighter. By the way, I think the time you posted is incorrect for Saturday's show. 30A Review has been playing at Cerulean's on Sat nights from 7pm -10pm. I see on Green Hit's site, that they are scheduled for an earlier show on Sun, Feb 4, at 6pm.

I don't think Cerulean's is trying to be a late night venue because they are supposed to shut down the tunes at 10pm. To me 6pm sounds like a great time to enjoy a glass of wine and listen to some music.

you're absolutely right Smiling JOe, a glass of red and some Green Hit sounds divine ;-) thanks

~ sunbeams ~

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Does anyone know the lineup yet :dunno:
For Saturday? I could take a good guess, but I definitely don't know the order.

Tim and Geoff
Kelsey (only b/c you said she was playing)
Ricki
Green Hit
Sean

this is only my guess.

Last edited:

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Thanks, all. To answer that question :roll:, yes, there is something that I don't do well -- clean my house. :rotfl: Mostly, my philosophy in life is that just because I haven't tried to do something, doesn't mean I cannot do it. I may not be worth a crap at it, but have you ever seen Picasso's first sketches? Anyone can do anything if given the right instruction and he or she has the desire or passion.

Many years ago, I use to draw a little bit, and was recently inspired, when listening to the music of Jimmi Wz, to pick up an old 7th grade favorite of mine from Science Class -- charcoal pencils. So, now I am just trying to draw people whom I see everyday, here in SoWal. You can probably tell from the sketches above, that Jimmi Wz was my first drawing in about 15 years. The most recent one I did this morning is of Geoff, and that is the one on which I was working when I punctured my arm with the knife :eek:.

Ow! I didn't realize this! Be careful!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Ow! I didn't realize this! Be careful!
I have since purchased an X-acto knife and bought some real drawing paper that is the right size, so I don't even have to really trim the paper. I feel much smarter now. I think the knife went a little deeper than I originally thought, but the wound is healing very nicely, and I have only a nominal bruise to show for it. :D Fortunately, that accident wasn't as stupid or bad as another knife accident I had while trimming a Ficus Tree with a serated bread knife. That one wasn't pretty at all, and I still have nerve damage.