• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
Hey Woodysgrl....I know exactly what you are going thru!! First, you all have made a great choice in Summer's Edge....(I am partial as a homeowner there!)...but seriously if I can help you with house choices please feel free to PM me with any questions....before we built our house there we rented a lot of them over the past 4 years!! We don't rent ours so I can be very neutral with my recommendations....based on the needs of your family! Good Luck!!

reece

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
i've been comtemplating booking in summer's edge as well(we usually do grayton). I'm eyeing a house called "BeachViews". I really like it because it has a private pool as well as access to a community pool where my 6 year old can make friends.

I cannot seem to figure out where it is, even when i google earth it.

does anyone know how close to 30a it is? if you can give me an idea of how many houses down from 30a i can probably locate it on the map.

also, i'm considering a house in seagrove called "anger management". it says it's a 2min walk to the beach but doesn't say whether or not it's south of 30A.
anyone know?

thanks for all this info. it really helps.

reece

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
Reece, I believe Anger Mgt is north of 30A. Can't determine which house is BeachViews....what website are you using for it? I will see if I can figure it out from that....PK

i've been comtemplating booking in summer's edge as well(we usually do grayton). I'm eyeing a house called "BeachViews". I really like it because it has a private pool as well as access to a community pool where my 6 year old can make friends.

does anyone know how close to 30a it is? if you can give me an idea of how many houses down from 30a i can probably locate it on the map.

also, i'm considering a house in seagrove called "anger management". it says it's a 2min walk to the beach but doesn't say whether or not it's south of 30A.
anyone know?

reece

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove

anyone know?

reece

BeachViews is on Brown Street, just north of Eastern Lake Drive. It is the third house north of Eastern Lake on the east side. It's one street to the east of Ryan (aka Summers Edge).

It's a popular house, but I'd be surprised if you would have access to the Summers Edge community pools, since it's not part of that development.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
RyanSt.jpg

Google Earth has mislabled Brown St, but my push-pin mark maps it correctly.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Google Earth has mislabled Brown St, but my push-pin mark maps it correctly.

And SJ's pushpin is poked into Brown street right in front of BeachViews. You can even see the pool in the back yard.

The street (really more of a 1-lane alley) that Google Earth labelled as Brown St. is actually Bel Mar. It runs through Eastern Lake Nursery at the 30A end.

Reece, for a place where your 6-year old could make new friends, Ryan Street would be a better choice than Brown Street. It's always full of kids. The houses on Brown Street get families, too, there are just less of them. (Anticipating flames from owners of Lemon Drop, BeachViews, and the other 2 houses any minute now...)

Last edited:

reece

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
:D wow
thanks everyone! i assumed that beachviews was IN summer's edge, but as a couple of you have pointed out, it's only near it, which wouldn't give us the private pool and the community that i'd thought i'd found.

back to the drawing board i guess. a private pool is more important to me than a community pool, so i may head back to grayton. :)

any suggestions would be cool.
we need 3 bdr(could do 4), and a pool. We want to be close to the beach, not have to cross 30A and if not in Grayton, we'd love to be walking distance to Seaside, with a really nice and CLEAN house. All for $3000 or so :) June 2-9 ----possible or am i asking to much.

you guys rock

sadiebatson

Beach Crab
Feb 26, 2007
Hey! I was going through all the responses to the first question, and i still have one. Does anyone know where the Rivendell house is located? And how close it is to the pools? And how far of a drive to Seaside? It says 100 yds from the beach so i'm guessing it's on the scenic side of the Eastern Lake rd. Thanks, any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
Sadiebatson, The owner of Rivendell is a sowal poster and hopefully will see your post....but in the meantime.....it is very short drive to Seaside....maybe 2 miles. Rivendell is in Summer's Edge on Ryan St and is between 30A and Eastern Lake Rd.....it is a very short, easy "stroll" to the pool.....
maybe something like 15-16 houses from the pool....that is an estimate....I walk it often and it is very easy. We stayed in Rivendell and it's a very comfortable roomy house.