• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Re: New Fire in SoWal -- Sommerset Beach - Seagrove

Once again, we can see the value of this board. Many of us began our addiction to SoWal.com during Ivan--when it was the only source of info. about the conditions before and after the storm. SoWal.com is still the best source of "breaking news" in the area. Thanks Kurt :clap_1: :love: .

I am so glad that everyone is o.k. Thanks to all the emergency crews for their hard work--they've had a busy few days.

So sorry for the loss of property.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

Thanks to all the citizen journalists and photojournalists. :clap_1:

We had a fire in our neighborhood a few years ago and nearly lost our house so I know how worrisome it is. thanks again SWFD. :love:

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005

One house destroyed in Somerset Bridge.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach

That is terrible. Those houses in that neighborhood are mostly permanent residences.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg

Not to be trite...but a tradegy like this shows someone like me, who does not live in the area, or have a home in the area, just how tight the family in the area is!!!:love:

I am hoping everyone is OK and unscathed personally. Of course I realize that something like this touches the whole community! No one person is totally unscathed :sosad:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

Once again, we can see the value of this board. Many of us began our addiction to SoWal.com during Ivan--when it was the only source of info. about the conditions before and after the storm. SoWal.com is still the best source of "breaking news" in the area. Thanks Kurt :clap_1: :love: .

I am so glad that everyone is o.k. Thanks to all the emergency crews for their hard work--they've had a busy few days.

So sorry for the loss of property.

Yay SoWal.com!! What a valuable resource this board was today!!:clap_1:

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch

Yay SoWal.com!! What a valuable resource this board was today!!:clap_1:
Definitely! I've been out all day and am reading this thread as fast as I can; so sorry to hear of the loss of homes, but so thankful I'm not reading about any injuries or fatalities.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach

So sorry for those of you that lost your homes. :sosad:

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton

That is terrible. Those houses in that neighborhood are mostly permanent residences.

Although many of the homes on that street are permanent residences, I'm told that fortunately, all of the homes that burned were second homes. So although it's very sad and bad news for the owners, it could have been worse. I've heard that neighbors and workers in the area worked very hard to save homes close to the first house that burned down. They continuously were hosing down the house one empty lot away and probably saved this permanent residence.