• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Has anyone heard anything about the cause of the fire?
I've heard only speculation as to the cause. Supposedly it started in a yard of a home in the subdivision immediately north of the Bungalows at Seagrove Beach S/D. Hi and Dri posted a photo of the home where it is thought to have started, but no one has confirmed that at this time.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
One other thing. Did anyone notice that the new SWFD fire chief just started on April 30th I think.:eek: How's this for a first couple of weeks!!!!!:shock:

I hope he doesn't want to reconsider :D

rebelprincess06

Beach Comber
May 9, 2007
Too bad for the Chief!!!!! Im sure FIRE is his passion. He is doing an amazing job to help us though.I give him PROPS!!!!!!!:clap_1: (two thumbs up) lol:rotfl: :clap_1:

CNN said that Governor Crist held a news conference and said that 54 out of the 67 counties in Florida have active fires burning right now. We're hoping that a band of rain from Subtropical Storm Andrea will give us some rain -- they say it's headed back towards Florida. Reminds me of the James Taylor song, "Fire and Rain." Just hope it doesn't turn into a hurricane -- then it'd be "Fire, Rain, and Hurricane.":bang:

yboi_kma

Beach Lover
Jul 6, 2006
Dont mean to use thise SoWAL for info on another city, BUT.... HWY 98 Thomas Drive West has a MAJOR fire burning from the CVS Pharmacy and roads are closed. Check www. wjhg.com
THis is getting bad people.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Hey Guys - I am a new owner in SoWal - looked at the Bungalows even! - but just was introduced to the site yesterday by a friend and wanted to thank you for this forum and your updates! I also want to extend my concern to all those who own property in this area - our thoughts are with you!​

:welcome:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
CNN said that Governor Crist held a news conference and said that 54 out of the 67 counties in Florida have active fires burning right now. We're hoping that a band of rain from Subtropical Storm Andrea will give us some rain -- they say it's headed back towards Florida. Reminds me of the James Taylor song, "Fire and Rain." Just hope it doesn't turn into a hurricane -- then it'd be "Fire, Rain, and Hurricane.":bang:

Unfortunately, last I heard of Andrea, if we do get rain it will not be a soaking rain and won't help w/ the fires.

How are all these fires being started? Was I the only one who learned from Smokey the Bear?

Perhaps people could refrain from tossing lit cigarettes out of their cars until we get some rain.................

I'm confining my cooking to indoors, no BBQ for me until we get rain!

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Good point. We have renters coming in on Sunday. I need to get the word to them.

Things will still be dry this weekend, but the red flag warnings will likely be lifted, as there will be much more humidity. No one should let their guard down, but we should not have to worry as much about the current "explosive" conditions.