• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
This thread has gone from one topic to another all to do with chemicals, sprays, concerns, facts, fictions, beliefs, this study-that study, on and on. The one thing that makes sense to me is having a choice.

I like to understand where the research comes from. Who pays for each study? When I read the material that 30Skunk quotes, it makes me wonder who the money behind the study was. Same as when I read the studies posted by the alternative people. What is the agenda of the researchers? Research is tainted everyday by what the money spenders wish for the results to be.

Rapunzel stated earlier that, " Oh my God, now you are telling me my hair products are carcinogenic? You can have my Rene Furturer when you pry it from cold, tumor-addled hand." That is your choice to continue to use the product. Some feel it would not be safe, you may feel it is, but you have the choice.

When we are blanket sprayed with chemicals we no longer have the choice. This gets back to the initial thread topic about the airplane, not the trucks. With an airplane spraying, the people who have requested no spray zones no longer have the choice. That can not and should not happen. I have a family member with CLL, Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia. Do we want to be sprayed, hell no.

I would like the people who have posted that alternatives are available to please state what they are and the means to which they are applied. I think we all should be in agreement that mosquito control needs to exist, maybe with some changes, but it needs to exist.

It is always proper to find out who paid for a study. Which one did I cite that you are curious about? I will do my best to research funding.

Sorry to hear about the CLL:sosad:

For The Health Of It

Beach Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
Peaboy, just to clarify, I had a moderate dermatitis that cleared after three days, I do not think it was anything else. Also, I see plenty of rashes but I am not saying there is a menacing trend to public health emerging, simply that many people complain of rashes that are benign and resolve in short order whose etiology is unknown.

I never said I didn't care about what products were being used in pesticides, cosmetics,etc, simply that there isn't any good data to suggest that we are sending people to the cemetery in short order. I agree with all involved that we should be careful to understand what we are introducing into the environment, what we apply to our skin and what we consume.

Now, I didn't quote it because it was too long, but your first post became a mess of cutting and pasting of off-the-wall claims. Did you notice the nugget regarding developing AIDS after using some sort of toothpaste?! What is that all about? You have posted a list of mumbo jumbo that can serve as a case study of internet junk science...and then you provide a link that takes you to a similar page of unsubstantiated medical claims (plus our friend the skull and crossbones!), and with one click from that page, you are taken to the website of the outfit trying to get you to sell their junk herbs in a multi-level marketing scheme...do you sell that stuff?:dunno:

No, I do not engage/sell multi-level marketing products. As for my first post in this thread, it was taken from the data sheet on dibram naled.

I did not notice the nugget regarding developing aids from a toothpaste, I did not waste my time on that.

It can be said about anything you find on the web in regard to taking you to a case study of internet junk. Probably the same way I feel of your continuos use of the Snopes link. We each have an opionion on health and they differ. In the info you posted about the facts of the mercury in the light bulbs, I have to wonder if the amount of mercury that spills has the same effect on an infant in the home as it would on an adult? Same as with the use of pesticides and other chemicals, each person has different capabilities to cope with contaminents. Some people may be able to handle certain toxins while others can not.

So, no matter how much you wish to attack me and my posts, it simply still comes down to having a choice. You can believe what you want, and I what I want. Just because you are a Dr and have the reasearch produced by people in your industry at your hands does not make all your info correct.

Also just to clarify, I do believe we need a form of mosquito control. Just one that allows people the choice of being sprayed or not.

For The Health Of It

Beach Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
Skunky, you seem to want to personally attack my posts and anyone else's posts who does not agree with your opinion. I have tried to learn from your views on this thread and other threads. It does amaze me that you bash all things herbal, alternative or anyone who asks questions when you promote all the prescription meds that come with a long list of serious side effects.

Better to believe the Doc just because he's the doc than to ask questions. How many people die each year do to adverse reactions and or contraindications to the prescribed meds that the Doc places them on? This should be the topic of a new thread as we now have removed ourselves from the important topic of this thread.

Have a good day prescribing your junk.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
No, I do not engage/sell multi-level marketing products. As for my first post in this thread, it was taken from the data sheet on dibram naled.

I did not notice the nugget regarding developing aids from a toothpaste, I did not waste my time on that.

It can be said about anything you find on the web in regard to taking you to a case study of internet junk. Probably the same way I feel of your continuos use of the Snopes link. We each have an opionion on health and they differ. In the info you posted about the facts of the mercury in the light bulbs, I have to wonder if the amount of mercury that spills has the same effect on an infant in the home as it would on an adult? Same as with the use of pesticides and other chemicals, each person has different capabilities to cope with contaminents. Some people may be able to handle certain toxins while others can not.

So, no matter how much you wish to attack me and my posts, it simply still comes down to having a choice. You can believe what you want, and I what I want. Just because you are a Dr and have the reasearch produced by people in your industry at your hands does not make all your info correct.

Also just to clarify, I do believe we need a form of mosquito control. Just one that allows people the choice of being sprayed or not.

Easy man, I was just pointing out a clunky website you chose to cite. Do you think we can comfortably ignore an obvious bogus claim made by the authors while accepting another? I am careful to only provide links that will lead people to uncluttered sites. Snopes is a great site because they cut through the baloney and actually provide data to back up their musings.

I am not attacking you personally, just practicing healthy skepticism...you can be a skeptic as well, just don't take it personally because I sure don't:D

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Skunky, you seem to want to personally attack my posts and anyone else's posts who does not agree with your opinion. I have tried to learn from your views on this thread and other threads. It does amaze me that you bash all things herbal, alternative or anyone who asks questions when you promote all the prescription meds that come with a long list of serious side effects.

Better to believe the Doc just because he's the doc than to ask questions. How many people die each year do to adverse reactions and or contraindications to the prescribed meds that the Doc places them on? This should be the topic of a new thread as we now have removed ourselves from the important topic of this thread.

Have a good day prescribing your junk.

I do not bash all things herbal, alternative or bemoan curious consumers. how many people die due to adverse reactions? I don't know, why not look it up and report back and we can publically compare notes. Go ahead and start a new thread, that is a good idea:clap_1:

I will have a nice day prescribing junk. Sounds like you could use some St John's Wort:funn:

tuck

Beach Lover
Dec 17, 2005
Skunk and Peaboy

Shame on both of you. First Skunk for all the attacks and then Peaboy for the responding attacks. Please get this thread back to the origional topic and that is about the blanket spraying of pesticides. I am still waiting for someone to respond to my questions about what alternatives exist, cost and application.

Peaboy and Skunk please only resond if you have answers and information on this issue.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Skunk and Peaboy

Shame on both of you. First Skunk for all the attacks and then Peaboy for the responding attacks. Please get this thread back to the origional topic and that is about the blanket spraying of pesticides. I am still waiting for someone to respond to my questions about what alternatives exist, cost and application.

Peaboy and Skunk please only resond if you have answers and information on this issue.

An exchange of ideas without personal insult is not an attack. Should I go stand in the corner now?

I think Mango, Smiley J, and Organic Mama already responded regarding alternatives.

For The Health Of It

Beach Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
Skunk and Peaboy

Sorry... I took my st.johns wart as advised by Skunk. Hey Skunk did you take some prozac:lol: