• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Chia Pet

Beach Comber
May 16, 2007
Fudpuckers was smelly and dirty. I also took issue with the alligators being on display there. Looked like too many in one area. The service was awful too.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
Forgot to mention - while there - heard that Dewey Destin was planning on opening in the "new" harbor area. Was told they would still keep the current location open - Hope so!!!!

BR

La Paz - Marina Cafe and Flamingo Cafe are all still open.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Forgot to mention - while there - heard that Dewey Destin was planning on opening in the "new" harbor area. Was told they would still keep the current location open - Hope so!!!!

BR

La Paz - Marina Cafe and Flamingo Cafe are all still open.

Where is Flamingo Cafe? I thought they closed years ago. :dunno: We loved the original and thought it went down hill when it expanded.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
You are right - I forgot it is now Destin Chops. Sorry. I think Flamingo Cafe closed about 2 years ago.

jlee745

Beach Comber
May 16, 2007
Ok we have dropped the plans for Fudpuckers and planning on going to Dewey Destin. I was wondering if it will be to hot to go eat lunch there.(will be visiting in 2 wks). What is a good time to get there. We were either wanting to eat first and then hit the outlet mall/destin commons or shopping first and then eating.
Also what does everyone recommend?

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Ok we have dropped the plans for Fudpuckers and planning on going to Dewey Destin. I was wondering if it will be to hot to go eat lunch there.(will be visiting in 2 wks). What is a good time to get there. We were either wanting to eat first and then hit the outlet mall/destin commons or shopping first and then eating.
Also what does everyone recommend?

Good choice! We've eaten there in the middle of summer and there are umbrellas and since you're right on the water there is usually a breeze to keep you comfortable. I think they are closed on Mondays, so check their hours before you go.

jlee745

Beach Comber
May 16, 2007
What is your fav. thing to eat at Dewey Destin?