• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Dear Mr. RiverOtter,
Thank you for letting me respond to this post. I have to agree with you 100%!

Also, I must say that the tight little biker shorts and shirts do make it alot easier for ME, to slow down and WATCH out for the bikers out there. Now, Mr. Otter, that does not mean that you will ever catch my fat arse in any of them, but on those hot, tanned, serious bikers out there, I think they are eye candy. I for one never actually notice all the stuff that is written on them, because that is not what I am looking at mind you.

Now, dear Mr. RiverOtter ride on ride on!!!!!! ;-)

Sincerely,
Darlene

:lolabove: Darlene! :funn: You've made me re-think my position on riding vs. watching. :D

Dear Mr. RiverOtter,
Thank you for letting me respond to this post. I have to agree with you 100%!

Also, I must say that the tight little biker shorts and shirts do make it alot easier for ME, to slow down and WATCH out for the bikers out there. Now, Mr. Otter, that does not mean that you will ever catch my fat arse in any of them, but on those hot, tanned, serious bikers out there, I think they are eye candy. I for one never actually notice all the stuff that is written on them, because that is not what I am looking at mind you.

Now, dear Mr. RiverOtter ride on ride on!!!!!! ;-)

Sincerely,
Darlene

:blush: ....................................................:love:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Okay, I can see the logic of the arguments of bikers being in the road 'cuz of tires, others on the path etc.

Can I at least get agreement that riding 3 across in the road when there is traffic going both ways and another biker going the other way is just plain rude?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Okay, I can see the logic of the arguments of bikers being in the road 'cuz of tires, others on the path etc.

Can I at least get agreement that riding 3 across in the road when there is traffic going both ways and another biker going the other way is just plain rude?
Yes, and I probably have as many complaints against people driving autos as bicycle operators.

Beemn

Beach Lover
Jan 1, 2006
so wal
Yes I think that would be rude, but do you know why they were riding that way? It is often the case that the car operators are rude to the biker, cutting very close while leaning on the horn, etc. Often the only defense when the road is too narrow for a car to safely pass, is for the cyclist to ride left and block that area. That may have been the case here. Remember even the smallest worm becomes a big man behind the wheel of his hummer!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
For the second morning in a row they were riding 3 across and it appeared the sole reason was so they could chat. Didn't see any sign of rude car drivers, hear any horns etc.

I've definitely been seeing some quality driving lately...........never knew a stop sign was such a confusing thing :rotfl:

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach
Ok - I have a new reason to encourage bikers NOT to ride on 30-A but head up to 98:

(And I never realized this before this thread and I started paying attention)

There is no shoulder on most of 30-A

There is a 3'+ shoulder on both sides of 98.

-And the 98 shoulders are marked as bike lanes!! Very few cross streets. The cars can easily move into the inside lane to pass!!

Ride your bikes on 98. If you want to ride along Scenic 30-A, there is no excuse not to slow down , and enjoy the ride on the bike path.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
For the second morning in a row they were riding 3 across and it appeared the sole reason was so they could chat. Didn't see any sign of rude car drivers, hear any horns etc.

I've definitely been seeing some quality driving lately...........never knew a stop sign was such a confusing thing :rotfl:

State law says bicyclists aren't supposed to be more than two abreast. I hate it when those kinds of riders do things like that which make it harder for the rest of us.

As for the stop sign, it could be worse. Hardly anyone south of the bridge understands you're supposed to yield to cars already a traffic circle, which makes going through the ones on the backside of Destin Commons or by Home Depot unfortunately interesting.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
As for the stop sign, it could be worse. Hardly anyone south of the bridge understands you're supposed to yield to cars already a traffic circle, which makes going through the ones on the backside of Destin Commons or by Home Depot unfortunately interesting.

Wait until they install the 395/30A roundabout!