• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Amen. best marg's in sowal, in no particular order....jdarg's dargarita, Big D's marvelous marg, and the Tarpon Club's MOgarita
Were dargaritas in the Party Ball on NYE? They were good! I can't believe I've never had one at Tarpon Club -- I'll have to try one. Big D says thanks for the compliments on his.:D

No one should ever mix good tequila with margarita mix. That just ain't right. Margarita mix is used to cover up the taste of cheap tequila and does a good job of it. ;-)
Exactly. Once we had a margarita at Shades with the house tequila. It was so good that we decided to try one with Patrone's. We couldn't really tell the difference.

Just as in college we used to try to have one beer at every bar on Magazine Street from Audubon to Canal (in one night -- never accomplished it), we've joked that our next quest should be to try a shot of every tequila at Taqueria Del Sol in Atlanta (not in one night :rotfl: ). They must have about 100.

Speaking of P. F. Chang's and Mexican food, I'm not big on chain restaurants (Houston's being the exception), but I think Pappasito's is awesome. Of course, in one meal you'll get enough calories for a week and fat grams for a month. Love the family-style Plato Toro with ribs, brochette-style shrimp, beef and chicken fajitas, frijoles a la charra, rice, guacamole, pico de gallo, and, of course, chips and salsa. Yum!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Amen. best marg's in sowal, in no particular order....jdarg's dargarita, Big D's marvelous marg, and the Tarpon Club's MOgarita

Add Abe Drinkin's margarita in there and you have the perfect 4-pack!:clap:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
We tried out Cantina Laredo tonight and we liked it! The food was good, the decor was nice, the service wasn't bad, but the waiter was very busy. The place was packed. There was about a 45 minute wait. Try the freshly made guacamole that they make at your table. Very good.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
I drove on up there and, yes, you are correct, they are open for lunch. To eat off the lunch menu, go Monday-Friday. Regular menu on the weekends.

Let me say, this place was EXCELLENT. Loved the atmosphere, food and staff. Just a very good experience all around.

I recommend this place. I have been waiting for a good Mexican Restaurant for years!!!