• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
I drove on up there and, yes, you are correct, they are open for lunch. To eat off the lunch menu, go Monday-Friday. Regular menu on the weekends.

Let me say, this place was EXCELLENT. Loved the atmosphere, food and staff. Just a very good experience all around.

I recommend this place. I have been waiting for a good Mexican Restaurant for years!!!

We went for lunch yesterday with kids in tow and it was excellent all around -service, food, etc...we had no wait (we were there around 2pm) but I can imagine how packed this place will get for dinner - it is not that big.

We tried fajitas and quesadilla and enchilada and it was all delicious - am thrilled this place opened!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Rumor is that they didn't pay the rent. At one point there was also supposed to have been an immigration raid on the kitchen staff.

Official story is that Luna del Mar's parent company in Texas went under.
That was a news story, not a rumor. I recall the story saying that they paid all of the bills, except the rent, and wondered why they were evicted as tenants. I guess the parent company "going under" could cause one not to pay rent.

Anywho, it sounds like from all of the rave reviews of Cantina Laredo, that they will not have a problem paying rent for a while.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Official story is that Luna del Mar's parent company in Texas went under.

Not sure about this story...they are still opening up Luna del Noche restaurants here in Dallas. :dunno: I had heard it was an immigration misstep.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Another great meal at Cantina Laredo. Good margaritas, good food, good company. Everytime we turned around we saw someone we knew. Party atmosphere.

potatovixen

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
PCB
www.myspace.com
We ate here tonight, and it was fantastic. The service staff was very attentive, which was a surprise for how busy they were, but they managed not to be pushy. The guacamole prepared tableside was delicious. The entrees were also excellent, with good portion sizes. Enough to fill you up, with a little bit left over for lunch tomorrow. Our food reached the table exceptionally fast. We also managed to get a table right when we walked in... quite a feat as it was almost 7pm.

This is definitely worth checking out. I will most certainly go back.