• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Not sure about this story...they are still opening up Luna del Noche restaurants here in Dallas. :dunno: I had heard it was an immigration misstep.

Immigration misstep would be an understatement. WCSO pulled up in the parking lot and knocked on the door (can't remember why); the staff - who lived in the restaurant - bailed out the windows and began running.

And if I remember correctly from 4+ years back, the owner said she'd go back to Dallas and come back with a new illegal crew.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Luna Del Noche closed for a variety of reasons, including because their lease was suddenly canceled, the manager/owner was overextended running restaurants in far apart locations, and lack of experience with the ebb and flow of business in a tourist area.

Hispanic staff members were quite annoyed about the rumors that it closed because they were all "illegals" who were deported in an immigration raid. There was an incident (which happened months before it closed) where the police were called because of a fight, but if you think local businesses get shut down for hiring illegals you haven't been to a construction site lately.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Luna Del Noche closed for a variety of reasons, including because their lease was suddenly canceled, the manager/owner was overextended running restaurants in far apart locations, and lack of experience with the ebb and flow of business in a tourist area.

Hispanic staff members were quite annoyed about the rumors that it closed because they were all "illegals" who were deported in an immigration raid. There was an incident (which happened months before it closed) where the police were called because of a fight, but if you think local businesses get shut down for hiring illegals you haven't been to a construction site lately.

From what I remember the hispanic workers were legal to work in Texas but not Florida. And they did close the restauarant for not paying rent..heard that from the horse's mouth.

GraysonDave

Beach Comber
May 13, 2007
Ate there last night, and let me add to the great reviews. Terrific atmosphere, good food, and the mango margarita was excellent ($8).

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
going tomm night with a bunch o' ladies. I will report on the wait, drink prices and food. can not wait....

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Ate there last night, and let me add to the great reviews. Terrific atmosphere, good food, and the mango margarita was excellent ($8).
Did we see you there? The food was good, atmosphere was great, service was excellent, and the Margaritas went down way too fast.

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Sandestin & Red Stick
We were tired this evening, so rather than cook, decided to do the takee-outee at Cantina Laredo on the positive vibes from this board. I drove for pick-up at 7pm and what proved to be a good omen found the only parking spot directly in front of the entrance. The place was full and the bar was rockin'. People seemed to be having a very good time. We ordered beef fajitas and something called the Durango - chile relleno, and chicken and spinach enchiladas. We also order their "top shelf" guacamole. I brought it all home in two huge bags - portions are quite large and enuf for leftovers. The fajitas were good and I particularly liked the tortillas - not heavy or doughy. The guacamole was very good and a bit on the spicey side; chips were fresh and crisp. The only downside was the refried beans which seemed like they came from a can. Prices were most reasonable, perhaps even a bargain given their location (It will be interesting to see if Moe's survives). This is great for me, because now I can suck down a few margaritas and drive home without getting on 98:D

They have a brunch on Sundays with gratis Bloddy Marys, tequila flights, and other interesting temptations. A keeper.