• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach
SoWal thongs...

"Hey, Retreat Homeowners- you will relax and share the beach or you will be forced to look at pasty white, hairy buttocks ..............the choice is yours; relent or we will pull out the OMBs!"

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
With the county commissioners wringing their hands over how to cut taxes in the county, I suggest they start by cutting out the 5-person SWAT teams they use to remove peaceful citizens trying to enjoy a day at the beach.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I love it - a parade of Sowal thongs in front of their "private beach"! No law about folks wearing a swimsuit and walking down the beach on wet sand! Keep the OMBs hidden so they can't get you for indecent exposure!

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
JB, did you actually read the FL Supreme Case decision of Tona-Rama, which is within the link above?

No, SJ, I didn't. I was simply going by the "mean high water mark" rule that you or someone else posted in the other thread.

You are obviously looking for an argument, so I'll leave you and the other "too much free-timers" to your own devices.

What's ironic is, I actually agree that the law, regardless of how murky the language, is ridiculous.

Carry on.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I love it - a parade of Sowal thongs in front of their "private beach"! No law about folks wearing a swimsuit and walking down the beach on wet sand! Keep the OMBs hidden so they can't get you for indecent exposure!

Want to make a wager on that? Walton County has laws regarding exposure of too much buttocks. :funn:I am still waiting for the first Sheriff's deputy to calculate the amount of exposed buttocks or breasts. I believe some Geometry and Calculus formulas will apply for measurements. ;-)

From the Walton County Code of Ordinances:

Sec. 13-28. Definitions.

Nude: Any person insufficiently clothed in any manner so that any of the following body parts are not entirely covered with a fully opaque covering:

(1) The male or female genitals, or

(2) The male or female pubic area, or

(3) The female breast (see the last sentence in this subsection), or

(4) The buttocks. Attire which is insufficient to comply with this requirement includes, but is not limited to, G-Strings, T-Backs,dental floss and thongs.

Buttocks: (For a short general description see the last sentence of this subsection.) The area at the rear of the human body (sometimes referred to as the gluteus maximus) which lies between two imaginary straight lines running parallel to the ground when a person is standing, the first or top of such line being one-half inch below the top of the vertical cleavage of the nates (i.e., the prominence formed by the muscles running from the back of the hip to the back of the leg) and the second of bottomsuch line beingone-half inch above the lowest point of the curvature of the fleshy protuberance (sometimes referred toas the gluteal fold), and between two imaginary straight lines, one on each side of the body (the "outside lines"), which outside lines are perpendicular to the ground and to the horizontal lines described above and which perpendicular outside lines pass through the outermost point(s) at which each meets the outer side of each leg. Notwithstanding the above, buttocks shall not include the leg, the hamstring muscle below the gluteal fold, the tensor fasciae latae muscle or any of the above-described portion of the human body that is between either (i) the left inside perpendicular line and the left outside perpendicular line or (ii) the right inside perpendicular line and the right outside perpendicular line. For the purpose of the previous sentence the left inside perpendicular line shall be an imaginary straight line on the left side of the anus that is perpendicular to the ground and to the horizontal lines described above and (ii) that is one-third of the distance from the anus to the left outside line, and the right inside perpendicular line shall be an imaginary straight line on the right side of the anus (i) that is perpendicular to the ground and to the horizontal lines described above and (ii) that is one-third of the distance from the anus to the right outside line. (The above description can generally be described as covering one-third of the buttocks centered over the cleavage for the length of thecleavage.)

:)confused:)

Sec. 13-31. Nudity prohibited in public places. It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly, intentionally, or recklessly appear, or cause another person to appear, nude in a public place or in any other place which is readily visible to the public, except as provided in section 13-32. It shall also be unlawful for any person or entity maintaining, owning, or operating any public place establishment to encourage, suffer or allow any person to appear nude in such public place, except as provided insection 13-32.