• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
OMG, I'm feelin' like a rocket scientist.....I did it. I'm listenin' to Emmy Lou from Telluride :clap: right now. I haven't converted from flac to wav yet to make a cd, but baby steps are good things right now. ;-)
I downloaded winamp but then my puter acted up :breakcomp: and the volume was stuck on mute :dunno: and the regular un mute button wouldn't do a thing. I could see the graphics playing but couldn't make the sound come out. Went into control panel and it was checkboxed on mute. :dunno: Maybe that happens automatically when I downloaded one of these items.
Oh, this will be funn. Thank you so much for the lessons ya'll. :love: Ya'll rock! :clap: :D Just click on those 2 links if you want lots of new live music, Miss Kitty. Believe me, :wave: you can do it. Just drag and drop the tunes into winamp after you do those links. Think I'll take a brain break and go jump in the lake a while. Thanks again. I will try making a CD later on tonight. It said I still needed codec converter before when I tried.
I've already got the FLAC frontend though. Is that not the converter? :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
seacreastkristi, just right click on all of those flac files (songs which to which you are listening), and you should see a choice for "convert files," or something like that. Select that, then it will ask you what you want to convert it to, and select mp3 for iPod, or wave file, to play in Real Player or burn onto a CD. You can also direct it to save to a particular folder, or it will automatically save it to your "my music" folder in Microsoft Explorer.

To answer your question, if you have the flac, no you don't necessarily have the converter. It depends on what you selected to download from dbpoweramp. There is a separate program entitled, dbPowerAMP Music Converter, and that is the program which will decode the flac into wav or mp3.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Have you tried it? Like it?
It worked well for me. Very simple. I did, however, run into some problems with Real Player not organizing the wav files without my help :bang:, but now I've got that under control. A little pilot error perhaps, along with a little Real Player or Microsoft error. Note that I have not converted any files to mp3, as I don't do mp3 players, but the process should be just as easy. If converting to mp3 only, you should be able to convert directly from flac to mp3.

Do note that, as John R, mentioned, flac files take up enormous amounts of hard drive space, so unless you are loaded with hard drive space, you might want to do as I do, and ditch the flac, after the conversions.

Last edited:

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
Just wait until John R starts talking about not reseeding in flossy...:funn:
I'm only willing to watch him climb up on that soapbox from the comfort of my chair at a certain breakfast spot. Must be fortified by lots of coffee and some fresh fruit and granola.
We can suffer a little geekness in exchange for all the nice tunes. :clap:
;-)

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
lossy.

friends don't let friends do mp3.:cool:

Maybe so, but I'm doing it anyway, for the iPod. :D

Which brings the next round of questions...

I downloaded dbSmartAmp music converter and the FLAC codec and converted the Rowan-Rice show to MP3. Was kind of hoping to edit the tags in iTunes, since it's familiar. So I told iTunes to add the songs to the library, but of course they didn't show up because they don't have any tags. Duh...

1-So are they in the iTunes library, just not visible, or did it no import them?

2-The context menu items from dbSmartAmp allow inserting tags. But it's just sort of a blank sheet to start with. Is there some sort of standard template for MP3 tags? Where to find it? Maybe a nice tutorial somewhere?

Should I be posting these questions on the tapers.org forum, or will they laugh me out of there?