• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
High water table, and you don't need to set the foundation deep because of freeze concerns like you do Up North. The only homes with basements here normally involve walk-outs on hilly lots.

Instead, everyone keeps their junk in the garage. It's amazing how many people are unable to put their cars in the garage because of that.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
BTW: who ever decided that granite was truely the mark of a a high end house??? There are many more materials far more interesting and less expensive.
Chickpea, I've asked this question a million times! It's so strange. I wonder, seriously, how many times I've heard uttered on a re-hab/house flipping show: "Now, in the kitchen we're going to re-do the countertops with granite because this is a very high end area." :roll: Give me concrete or stainless tops over granite any day.

Rambunkscious

Beach Lover
Jan 17, 2007
John R, where did you get that "worst" decal? I love it and want one or maybe a hundred cause all my friends would love one too.

Also, the lady logo (on the left side of the page of your post) would be needed to be added to my order also (the real lady not the logo).

Mighty classy stuff here.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Oh, gosh, I absolutely love soapstone--love it! It has a really high price point, too, though, doesn't it?

Did this in the big house...no not jail. Wanted concrete, but it hadn't caught on here at the time and I couldn't find a fabricater. Soapstone, although beautiful, is VERY high maintenance at the beginning. I had to slop mineral oil on it and rub rub rub it in at least once a week for months. We moved before the break in period was over and I decided to never have it again.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Chickpea, I've asked this question a million times! It's so strange. I wonder, seriously, how many times I've heard uttered on a re-hab/house flipping show: "Now, in the kitchen we're going to re-do the countertops with granite because this is a very high end area." :roll: Give me concrete or stainless tops over granite any day.

Granite CTs and SS appliances will be the trademark of the Bubble Era just like Harvest Gold/Advocado and paneling were the trademark of the 70s.

Last edited: