• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
The beach looks so peaceful right now. No tents, no chairs, just beautiful!!!

:clap: ...just how it is supposed to look, right?

SJ...I was not surprised at the reply I received...especially knowing now that maybe the right hand and the left hand are not completely working together. I still applaud the efforts being made and hope they get it in sync. I am really digging caroling's idea of "citizen's stickers"....just think how y'all (I can't do it in the summer) could stick it to those litterers!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The beach looks so peaceful right now. No tents, no chairs, just beautiful!!!
That might have something to do with the 100F degree temps we've had lately. Today's heat index is 110F degrees, :yikes:and it feels every bit like it.

Last edited:

yboi_kma

Beach Lover
Jul 6, 2006
From what i hear the water temps are in the 90's? That is amazing!! That wouldnt cool anyone off IMO. Time to just stay inside and have a cold drink. Heat indexes are about the same for today also. Everyone please check on elderly and pets today. its just too hot for anyone to not have adequate A/C. A friend of mine emailed me and told me that she was in grocery store yesterday and over the speaker system, the store manager was asking who owned a Toyota 4 Runner. That they had left their pet inside the car. Now that would have ticked me to no end. I am pretty sure i would have went straight out and busted the window and got the animal out. Went to jail no doubt, but saved a pet. LOL!! You just cant fix stupid sometime huh?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Lake temps are around 90F degrees, but the Gulf, near the shores of SoWal isn't quiet there.

Last edited:

Caroling

Beach Fanatic
... t the Gulf, near the shores of SoWal isn't quite there.

I just sampled Eastern lake north in a canoe. We saw an otter swimming playfully about until a motorboating fisherman appeared or it saw us. I walked down to the outlet. Tent cities to east and to west, thick, all over the beach!!! The Gulf water felt delightfully cool. I'm surprised the heat didn't bother me today. Didn't even think about it. There is a nice breeze.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I just sampled Eastern lake north in a canoe. We saw an otter swimming playfully about until a motorboating fisherman appeared or it saw us. I walked down to the outlet. Tent cities to east and to west, thick, all over the beach!!! The Gulf water felt delightfully cool. I'm surprised the heat didn't bother me today. Didn't even think about it. There is a nice breeze.

Cool, an Otter! Never seen one of those - saw a 8' minimum snake back in there and that put the kibosh on my explorations!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
We thought it was a water moccasin. For some reason we didn't stick around too long to closely examine it after realizing that "floating log/piling" was really a snake swimming! :yikes: