• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Plan to catch the Bourne Ultimatum and would like to eat dinner somewhere near the Pier Park cinemas. Any recommendations?

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
yeah.....don't see the film. it's like watching a comic book. see Hairspray or No Reservations. But if you are going with kids, they'll like Bourne.
BOARS HEAD is really good for dinner. 5 minutes from Pier Park on Front Rd.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Calypso is on front beach in front of pier park. We have never had a bad meal there. Boars head is great, great, great.
There is also a Panera and Longhorn? by Target.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Keep in mind that Pier Park doesn't have digital projection so it's not as crisp, and the digital sound is questionable too. Sorry I am a movie theatre snob :D

As for food, there are some chains nearby and I like Carrabas ok.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Dusty's is a couple hundred yards to the west, on Front Beach, but judging by the sandwich I ate there earlier this week, I think the Grouper Sandwich still isn't Grouper. The raw oysters are very good, service mediocre, and they charge $ .50 for tap water.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I like Longhorn's.

If you have time to spare for going a bit out of the way, there is a restaurant called "Sweet Basil's" at the Shoppes at Edgewater, which is at the corner of Beckrich Road and Front Beach Road. I have only been there once, several years ago, and it was fan-tas-tic. Might want to make sure it's still there.

Or, if you have time to run up to West Bay, possibly encounter a short wait for a table, and run back down to PCB, there is Boondocks...:love: :drool:

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Keep in mind that Pier Park doesn't have digital projection so it's not as crisp, and the digital sound is questionable too. Sorry I am a movie theatre snob :D

As for food, there are some chains nearby and I like Carrabas ok.

Seemed fine to me as well. The seats are comfortable, the floors aren't sticky and there is a self-serve butter station for your popcorn.

There is a Panara's Bread in Pier park as well. Carrabas and Longhorn are great choices.