• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
Hopefully if the vendors are following the rules - the others will follow. Lead by example.

Caroling

Beach Fanatic
At Ramsgate yesterday morning, there was more stuff than I've ever seen there, and more elaborate structures. One tent must have been 20x20. Not a tag in sight.
Sob. What a discouraging report. Will you be here Sunday morning? The tags should appear Saturday night by stealth Sheriff after sunset. That is, if they are still following the Zone 7 schedule. And if so, on Monday morning all tagged stuff on the beach should be removed.

The beaches at Ramsgate are private on both sides of the access, aren't they? Sugar Dunes to the east is, for sure. And the Angelos property to the west wants to be, is still undecided by the BCC as far as I know. Is that the area you mean?

However, I can't get my mind around the enforcement. On a public beach, what if someone sets up Monday morning at 6:30 a.m.? If the TDC truck gets there at 7 a.m. (after sunrise), how will they know if that setup had been there overnight or not? I hadn't really thought out the implications of Phase II yet, but it still seems hard to implement.

Update on stickers: I bought some printer paper for removable stickers. Now I need a new printer, unfortunately. Also I need a design. What should it say? How big should it be? What graphics? What colors? Any suggestions? I haven't thought it out. Initially I'm thinking 12 stickers per sheet. That is, 3 wide by 4 high. Each sticker would be about 2.5" square. Say something like:

Remove it at Sunset
or Lose it at Sunrise

or simply:

Take everything
off the beach
at night

REMOVE IT!
Clear the
beach at night.

??

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Sob. What a discouraging report. Will you be here Sunday morning? The tags should appear Saturday night by stealth Sheriff after sunset. That is, if they are still following the Zone 7 schedule. And if so, on Monday morning all tagged stuff on the beach should be removed.

The beaches at Ramsgate are private on both sides of the access, aren't they? Sugar Dunes to the east is, for sure. And the Angelos property to the west wants to be, is still undecided by the BCC as far as I know. Is that the area you mean?

I'll be leaving early Sunday AM for a week out of town. I sure would like to see a real live tag in person. :D

I'd expect that the beaches to either side of the Ramsgate access are indeed private, but they not posted for now. The only signs I see are on private walkovers, not the beach itself. I'm not familiar with either Sugar Dunes or the Angelos.

As I've said before, Saturday night tagging could be partially a waste. Renters typically arrive Saturday afternoon and some of them might not drag their stuff to the beach until Sunday AM.

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005

However, I can't get my mind around the enforcement. On a public beach, what if someone sets up Monday morning at 6:30 a.m.? If the TDC truck gets there at 7 a.m. (after sunrise), how will they know if that setup had been there overnight or not? I hadn't really thought out the implications of Phase II yet, but it still seems hard to implement.

Update on stickers: I bought some printer paper for removable stickers. Now I need a new printer, unfortunately. Also I need a design. What should it say? How big should it be? What graphics? What colors? Any suggestions? I haven't thought it out. Initially I'm thinking 12 stickers per sheet. That is, 3 wide by 4 high. Each sticker would be about 2.5" square. Say something like:

Remove it at Sunset
or Lose it at Sunrise

or simply:

Take everything
off the beach
at night

REMOVE IT!
Clear the
beach at night.

??
Ramsgate is further west, near Summer's Edge

Caroling

Beach Fanatic
I'm not familiar with either Sugar Dunes or the Angelos.

As I've said before, Saturday night tagging could be partially a waste. Renters typically arrive Saturday afternoon and some of them might not drag their stuff to the beach until Sunday AM.

Ooops, I didn't know where Ramsgate was. Seems that it is west of Eastern Lake, about halfway to One Seagrove?

The renters you mention will litter the beach all week, coming just after tagging and leaving just before tagging. Not good.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Ooops, I didn't know where Ramsgate was. Seems that it is west of Eastern Lake, about halfway to One Seagrove?

The renters you mention will litter the beach all week, coming just after tagging and leaving just before tagging. Not good.

Much closer to Eastern Lake than half to One Seagove. Ramsgate is the very next public access to the west of Eastern Lake. It's down at the western end of the little beachfront stub road where Eastern Lake drive does a U-turn at the Eastern Lake access and runs back to the west. It roughly lines up with the western leg of Chelsea Loop. It's used by a lot of Chelsea Loop and Summers Edge renters.

The most effective schedule for the whole county should be tag Sunday-Wednesday, remove Tues-Friday.

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005

Remove it at Sunset
or Lose it at Sunrise

or simply:

Take everything
off the beach
at night

REMOVE IT!
Clear the
beach at night.

??

Try this sticker:

FREE!!
TENT, BEACH CHAIRS AND TOYS
(Yours for the taking)

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Does anyone have a status update on the tagging/cleanup?

Someone was complaining that items were just being taken to a dump site in Blue Mountain rather than being tagged and removed if they were still there a day later.

Last edited:

TNJed

Beach Fanatic
Sep 4, 2006
Seagrove Beach, FL
Phase II of the enforcement is under way now. No tagging, just bagging. I guess this was Mr. Brown's first official act as Head of Code Enforcement.

It's been a very slow few weeks since it started so it's difficult to tell it's impact when there just isn't any traffic to test it, but I think it's a great call and is the only way for this thing to stick.