• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Redd

Beach Fanatic
May 7, 2007
Ceruleans is closing down entertainment too

Something about a diabetic dog owner upstairs

Managers went upstairs after the complaint by the property owner
Could not hear anything
Owner turned off AC
Could not hear anything
Owner turned off dishwasher, fridge, fans
could not hear anything
Plus it ends at 9-10

But "The dog gets upset"
So no more entertainment at Ceruleans.

Folks, we need y'all to contact Joe and make a stand to help stem the flow of these closures / stoppages at 331 and elsewhere.
If we dont band (no pun) together and stand up for ourselves then nothing will happen and the wrinklies that come here twice a year that dont participate in ANYTHING but just moan about everything
"win"

Question
Why buy above a shopping area/bar/ unless expecting to hear SOME activity
duh

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Maybe Cerulean's can move? I would like to see them get fun again.

We went almost every weekend last winter into spring, then it seemed like most of the entertainment was aimed at a crowd that liked a little music with their wine instead of a little wine with their music. OK- I'll just say it- boring. No energy. The place was humming and bursting at the seams in the off season, then we stopped by a few weeks ago and it was as dead as a doornail.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:roll: ...oh poot. I was afraid of this.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
:sosad: All the more reason to buy that house!!

Last edited:

Redd

Beach Fanatic
May 7, 2007
Maybe Cerulean's can move? I would like to see them get fun again.

We went almost every weekend last winter into spring, then it seemed like most of the entertainment was aimed at a crowd that liked a little music with their wine instead of a little wine with their music. OK- I'll just say it- boring. No energy. The place was humming and bursting at the seams in the off season, then we stopped by a few weeks ago and it was as dead as a doornail.

Give it another try when you can
Its been a great mix of talent, and has been growing til this latest assault on entertainment
It like anything, cant be humming 365
But its a good resource if they dont f it up

Streaming live as we speak at www.reddsings.com

Last edited:

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
it's a cool little space...we need nice little places for more music...

ringontherail

Beach Crab
Aug 31, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Yeah, they've changed the hours so Ceruleans doesn't stay open past seven (how much wine do they expect to sell by seven?), and now it doesn't open until 10. Thus, they had no more need for yours truly. It is a sad thing. As I told any one that would listen, I thought we had great potential, but WaterColor lacks vision, and ambition, and... well it was just very frustrating seeing how little the "powers that be" cared.

But I'm not giving up on my dream just yet. I, and a small band of artists and fellow underdogs are working toward opening our own gallery/ lounge. But no longer hamstrung by Watercolor's short-sightedness. After we clear the first few hurdles, I'll leave some updates here.

In the mean time, this pirate is shopping for a new employer. :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Don't be mistaken. JOE cares. Unfortunately, they care only about the share price which has dropped more than 50% in a short period of time.

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Folks, we need y'all to contact Joe and make a stand to help stem the flow of these closures / stoppages at 331 and elsewhere.
If we dont band (no pun) together and stand up for ourselves then nothing will happen and the wrinklies that come here twice a year that dont participate in ANYTHING but just moan about everything
"win"

The pocket book vote is the one that matters for all local businesses. Why would a person call St. Joe if they aren't going to Cerulean's in the first place? Places open and close regularly around here because it is still a seasonal market and tough to survive on 3 months income. Some small places can do it but larger entities have other things going on.

50 years from now all the little corner spaces on Scenic 30A will have awesome bars and restaurants, funky little places with all kinds of different music. Until we get some wear and tear around here they will come and go.