• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I used to make this every year for my Christmas party. I LOVE IT!

Ham & Blue Cheese Pasta Salad

6 Ounces cooked ham, cut into thin strips (I buy the ham steaks and cut off the skin)
1 1/2 Cups broken, toasted pecans
1 1/4 Cups crumbled blue cheese
1/2 Cup chopped parsley
1/2 Cup olive oil
1 TBSP chopped fresh rosemary
3/4 tsp coarse ground pepper
2 small minced garlic cloves
1 Lb. Bow-tie pasta (cooked & cooled)
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

I usually had all the ingredients ready to go a few days prior to the party, just kept them all separate until ready to serve

Combine ham, pecans, blue cheese, parsley, olive oil, rosemary, pepper & garlic in a large bowl. Allow to meld for a few hours ( in the frig.). Add rinsed pasta to the bowl and toss to mix. (Rinse to loosen the cooked pasta up if it has been in the frig. for a few days...drain well!) Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve. Best at room temp.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
:drool::drool: Sounds so good. I cannot wait until you open your restaurant!:clap: I love anything with blue cheese...keep sharing!:D

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I used to make this every year for my Christmas party. I LOVE IT!

Ham & Blue Cheese Pasta Salad

6 Ounces cooked ham, cut into thin strips (I buy the ham steaks and cut off the skin)
1 1/2 Cups broken, toasted pecans
1 1/4 Cups crumbled blue cheese
1/2 Cup chopped parsley
1/2 Cup olive oil
1 TBSP chopped fresh rosemary
3/4 tsp coarse ground pepper
2 small minced garlic cloves
1 Lb. Bow-tie pasta (cooked & cooled)
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

I usually had all the ingredients ready to go a few days prior to the party, just kept them all separate until ready to serve

Combine ham, pecans, blue cheese, parsley, olive oil, rosemary, pepper & garlic in a large bowl. Allow to meld for a few hours ( in the frig.). Add rinsed pasta to the bowl and toss to mix. (Rinse to loosen the cooked pasta up if it has been in the frig. for a few days...drain well!) Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve. Best at room temp.

I'm makin' this this weekend!!!! How can it NOT be good!!

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
:drool::drool: Sounds so good. I cannot wait until you open your restaurant!:clap: I love anything with blue cheese...keep sharing!:D
A VERY simple apperizer
1 can butter me not biscuits
1 stck butter
4 ozs blue cheese

melt the butter & blue cheese...whisking to incorporate
cut the biscuits into quarters
I use mini muffin pans for this, but you can use a cookie sheet
spray the muffin pans or cookie sheet with pam, place the biscuits on the pan or in the muffin tins. Spoon some of the blue cheese mixture on top and bake 350 for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately. These freeze VERY well after baking and can be rebaked to heat them up. Even if you don't like blue cheese...these biscuits are amazing!
I think I have posted this recipe before...but it is worth posting again! A great appetizer to have in the freezer this time of year!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:roll:...guess I could make that pasta and leave out the ham. It does sound delicious!!!! :clap:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
A VERY simple apperizer
1 can butter me not biscuits
1 stck butter
4 ozs blue cheese

melt the butter & blue cheese...whisking to incorporate
cut the biscuits into quarters
I use mini muffin pans for this, but you can use a cookie sheet
spray the muffin pans or cookie sheet with pam, place the biscuits on the pan or in the muffin tins. Spoon some of the blue cheese mixture on top and bake 350 for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately. These freeze VERY well after baking and can be rebaked to heat them up. Even if you don't like blue cheese...these biscuits are amazing!
I think I have posted this recipe before...but it is worth posting again! A great appetizer to have in the freezer this time of year!

Do you KNOW how much I love blue cheese? :clap::love:

:roll:...guess I could make that pasta and leave out the ham. It does sound delicious!!!! :clap:

Poor Kitty....:wave: