• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bluemtnfriend

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2005
Tennessee
Sorry, I've been a girl of few words. Got a chance to go down to Santa Rosa for a few days and lots of dr visits when we got back. have a very sick friend. She has had lung cancer for 2 years now and it looks like she's losing ground fast in just the last few days. But I will be on here nights when I can't sleep.

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
Sorry, I've been a girl of few words. Got a chance to go down to Santa Rosa for a few days and lots of dr visits when we got back. have a very sick friend. She has had lung cancer for 2 years now and it looks like she's losing ground fast in just the last few days. But I will be on here nights when I can't sleep.

I'm so sorry your friend is so sick. We are all here for you if you need anything.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
What are you doin up. I couldn't sleep. On my feet all day baking for a church bake sale. Made 2 cakes, 3 loaves of pumpkin bread and a pan of rock road brownies that may be missing a piece by morning.

Wow!! Sounds delish!!

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
Hey, I wishIwasthere, where do you live in TN? I live in West Tenn close to the Tn river. A little town called Camden.

I have heard of Camden. I am not too close. South of Nashville in a small town called Shelbyville. We are known for Walking Horses and pencils.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Hey, can ya'll believe they're pourin' all that very old boot leg Jack Daniels they found in someone's TN home(they say over $1m worth), down the drain? :dunno: One bottle from 1916 is worth $10,000 alone. I wish they'd auction it off on ebay and givre the money to a good cause. They say they can't guarantee the contents. :dunno: Talk about watchin' money go down the drain. :blink:

bluemtnfriend

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2005
Tennessee
Thought I's better tell you all why I haven't been posting. My very best, oldest friend had been diagnosed with lung cancer 2 years ago. She seemed to be doing well with chemo and radiation but suddenly everything got worse and she died December 17th. We kept hoping she would rally as she has so many times befoe, even maybe get to come back to the beach but it was not to be. I am really struggling with this. Thanks for listening.