• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Aaarrrgggh! Poison!

Can you recommend a substitute for the pecans? Are they crucial?

This may sound strange, but Snyders mini unsalted pretzels make a great substitute for nuts. You can chop/crush them just like pecans.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Heck, I have my Thanksgiving shopping list for all of our traditional recipes typed up in Word, in order by the aisles in Publix. This way I don't forget anything, and I can do my shopping very quickly.

BR--I do this too! mr. dd thinks I'm crazy, but he always appreciates it when I send him with a list.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I'm home for the grocery store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It was bad:angry:

I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond Crazy...then to Linens 'n Things You Don't Really Need. Then I stood up for 3 hours cooking. :eek: Chop chop chop mix chop chop saute chop chop mix chop mix. Turkey stock, Waldorf Salad and TWO kinds of dressing...meat and no meat. :D I have cleaned the kitchen three times so far...last time after Mr. K and his brining experiment. :blink: Now I remember why I don't cook anymore. ;-)

:clap:It's almost cocktail time.

Make mine a double...or maybe a triple. :wave:

Re: wonderfulsom pasta recipe

BR--I do this too! mr. dd thinks I'm crazy, but he always appreciates it when I send him with a list.
I'm glad someone is as OCD as I am. :funn:
:clap:It's almost cocktail time.
It's been cocktail time all afternoon while I'm prepping to feed my entire extended family. BTW the only offer of help from my family is a phone call from one of my siblings -- asked if I needed her to pick up some wine -- I said I had bought jug wine -- she said they do not drink jug wine -- I said that if that's the case, it would be helpful if she picked up some wine. After all, I am cooking the entire meal.
I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond Crazy...then to Linens 'n Things You Don't Really Need. Then I stood up for 3 hours cooking. :eek: Chop chop chop mix chop chop saute chop chop mix chop mix. Turkey stock, Waldorf Salad and TWO kinds of dressing...meat and no meat. :D I have cleaned the kitchen three times so far...last time after Mr. K and his brining experiment. :blink: Now I remember why I don't cook anymore. ;-)
I hear ya, babe. I have been cooking since 9 AM, and took a break at 6 PM. I will start up tomorrow AM to finish the rest. Next year if our daughter doesn't come home in time to help me cook, Big D and I are going to the beach, dining out, and relaxing. I'm over spending a kajillion hours preparing meals for which only my husband appreciates my investment in time.

I feel your pain, Miss Kitty.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Hey BR...meet you at the beach next Thanksgiving! :wave:

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
I keep thinking about those delicious sounding meals like at Fire. Few people unless they've done it, appreciate and understand all the prep work that goes into one of these meals. 25.00 a head is sounding sooo cheap. To hail with leftovers. :bang: