• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
He was/is the sweetest guy, but he wouldn't let me get too close to him. Also, I will not take ANY dog to the shelter...they put dog's down after like 72 hours. They are located like 50 miles from my house so I knew that the owner would not look for him there. I actually asked Mr. Romeo to post a "found" thread (I was not a SoWaller at the time), but he said the dog would go home on its own ~ and he did!! He was a beautiful boy and I actually didn't mind the visit.:love:

This was before....:cry:

The animals are held for seven (7) days and most are then euthanized.

This is now....:cool:

It passed unanimously for the county to move forward with a contract for Alaqua Animal Refuge to officially intercept animals from leaving the county as well as being paid for the animals we take.

Laurie Hood............:clap:
Alaqua Animal Refuge
P.O. Box 48
Freeport, Florida 32439
www.alaquaanimalrefuge.com

Aug 30, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
This was before....:cry:

The animals are held for seven (7) days and most are then euthanized.

This is now....:cool:

It passed unanimously for the county to move forward with a contract for Alaqua Animal Refuge to officially intercept animals from leaving the county as well as being paid for the animals we take.

Laurie Hood............:clap:
Alaqua Animal Refuge
P.O. Box 48
Freeport, Florida 32439
www.alaquaanimalrefuge.com

WOW

Thanks for sharing such a POSITIVE "Light" on this thread! :clap:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Finally, someone found my dog! Please let him go about his business, I'll swing by and pick him up after this hectic holiday season wraps up. Thanks!

I don't understand your post. Are you trying to make a joke, or is this seriously your dog that you're allowing to wander? If you're joking, it's hardly funny, and if you're serious, I don't even want to say it. :sosad:

Bdarg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Point Washington
Unfortunately the Invisible fence does not prevent the Point Washington dogcatcher from making his rounds.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I've used the invisibleFence, and the real electric fence gives one of my dogs a real jolt MOST every time he touches one, however it never keeps him from rounding up the goats and cows. I no longer have a fence, and don't have many escape problems, unless he sneaks past me when we go outside, or guests open the door.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Don't see too many of those in NW GA.

Then you are lucky,but we are talking about roaming dog issues in SoWal. We see a coyote at least once a week on our street, there are gators in the water, and kids are around. I don't want a stray, unvaccinated, unaltered dog walking into my yard with my dogs or kids, period. To me, fences are all about keeping things out, not keeping my dogs in. To assume that every dog wandering around is a nice dog is taking a big risk. My job is to protect my dogs and kids the best way I can.

If any of you have digging dogs, an invisible fence run inside a hard fence works very well. Just run it a few feet inside your fence. Voila! Unless you have SJ's dog over to visit. Unfortunately, nothing keeps the snakes out!:shock:

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Then you are lucky,but we are talking about roaming dog issues in SoWal. We see a coyote at least once a week on our street, there are gators in the water, and kids are around. I don't want a stray, unvaccinated, unaltered dog walking into my yard with my dogs or kids, period. To me, fences are all about keeping things out, not keeping my dogs in. To assume that every dog wandering around is a nice dog is taking a big risk. My job is to protect my dogs and kids the best way I can.

If any of you have digging dogs, an invisible fence run inside a hard fence works very well. Just run it a few feet inside your fence. Voila! Unless you have SJ's dog over to visit. Unfortunately, nothing keeps the snakes out!:shock:

Get a pet mongoose. :D

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Get a pet mongoose. :D

A mongoose. That's all I need. :lol:

This family has been put on notice that I am feeding, vaccinating, and cleaning up after enough living things at the moment. Just this week, Kate has asked for an iguana, a pet chipmunk, and a horse.