• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Sueshore said:
Is this the Hotel Saba? When did construction begin on this project? I was down there last week and in my mind I had thought it should have been finished by now...I may be thinking of the loft project though. My guest was very impressed by the construction...as she said, "That doesn't look like it's going anywhere in a storm!"

One thing I have concluded about 30-A...IMHO it is nice to visit all of the communities, see the architecture and feel the different ambience each has to offer. You may not want to buy there or even rent at certain developments, but I am glad to have the diversity. The beauty being that there is something for everyone! I am still amazed at all the projects going up...last time I was here was in January of this year.

Hotel Saba has had some difficulties starting with the original general contractor going bankrupt (for reasons not related to the hotel) and continuing with design and engineering flaws that had to be fixed. It should have been completed by now, but it will be very nice when it is done. The "conference center" is not attached to the hotel. The conference center is immediately adjacent to the Town Hall, the hotel is across the street. But it is the same owner for both projects.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Thanks cck....I've missed you and your informed and wise words!

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Sueshore said:
Thanks cck....I've missed you and your informed and wise words!

:love: I've been here lurking and posting now and then--just too busy to spend too much time. Hope you had/are having a great time in SoWal!

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Camp Creek Kid said:
I know the project about which imasunbum is speaking. (S)he says "convention center," but it is not going to be what first comes to mind. It is going to be a conference center/meeting hall building adjacent to the Rosemary Beach Town Hall with architecture and scale to fit in with the existing buildings. This area is in great need of meeting facilities for locals and tourists and I think it will be a great addition.

Thanks CCK for clarifying that it's a conference center, not a convention center as first stated. The first thing that came to mind when I heard convention center was a huge facility such as ours here in St. Louis. I agree that a conference center will be a great addition to the area. I'm driving down this weekend with my sisters and will make it a point to check out this new hotel. And now that I know Rosemary Beach is having it's winefest this weekend as well, all the more reason to stop by!! :clap_1:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Camp Creek Kid said:
:love: I've been here lurking and posting now and then--just too busy to spend too much time. Hope you had/are having a great time in SoWal!

Thanks...I have had and am having a great time here!! Working on stretching it into November...I'm just not sure how I can leave this place...that ol' SoWal Magic has put it's spell on me! Even doing laundry is better at the beach!!!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
peapod1980 said:
:clap_1: So true--it's a strange phenomenon, isn't it?

Strange, but SO true. I've even paid some bills and BALANCED a checkbook...no problems. I will now happily and with great glee go upstairs and put in another load!!! I wonder if I could even IRON something while I am here? Naa...don't push my luck!

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
Sueshore said:
Strange, but SO true. I've even paid some bills and BALANCED a checkbook...no problems. I will now happily and with great glee go upstairs and put in another load!!! I wonder if I could even IRON something while I am here? Naa...don't push my luck!
Nah, let's leave the iron out of this! :lol:

imasunbum

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2005
To all - Please forgive me the convention center was typo - what time did I post that? I do believe I got too much sun at the beach this weekend.

My special thanks to CampCreekKid for his/her informative comments. You seem to know a lot about the project...that makes me curious....hmmm.....I wonder who you are!

Anyway - thanks for your words of wisdom.

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
imasunbum said:
To all - Please forgive me the convention center was typo - what time did I post that? I do believe I got too much sun at the beach this weekend.

My special thanks to CampCreekKid for his informative comments. You seem to know a lot about the project...that makes me curious....hmmm.....I wonder who you are!

Anyway - thanks for your words of wisdom.

CCK is our resident therapist and all around "go to" whenever we need the real scoop! Convention Center is simply a term that scares us big city folk...down here it's just a "meetin' place"!!