Ritz-Carlton

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Smiling JOe, Sep 16, 2005.

1. GVM

GVM Beach Lover

Not that it matters, but the Waffle House chain is not owned by the Ritz Carlton...as stated in an earlier post. Waffle House is an Atlanta based, private company...owned by Joe Rogers, Sr, Joe Rogers, Jr. and family. And now that smoking is prohibited in Georgia restaurants...it's a much more pleasant experience when it's time to 'grease up'.

2. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

I second that!

3. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Oops! Did I say that? Sorry for the incorrect information. I will delete it. Thanks.:D

4. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

SJ has another Rorschach (sp?) frog.

5. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    Sorry to leave you hanging, jdarg. I pulled my post while you were answering. Decided that it was too controversial and needed more explaining. Too sleepy to deal with that now.

6. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

I can't imagine what would need explaining. Chains are self-explanatory. Yes, I frequent certain chains because there are times when convenience is everything, but there are places in this world that do not need an Olive Garden. Or a Ruth's Chris. Or a Tommy Bahama restaurant!

Everyone in Loouisville has their panties in a wad because there is a new PF Changs! IMHO, no food is good enough to wait 2 freakin' hours to eat it. If the restaurant is that good, they will take my reservation.

7. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

I hear ya'! We waited nicely for an hour at Northpark Mall here and then started seeing folks that came in behind us being seated....YOU DO NOT DO THAT!! They completely missed our name and we STAYED and ate and it was lousy service...food was good. I have not been back and that was 4 years ago!

8. Buckhead Rick

Buckhead Rick Beach Lover

Any update the the Hotels that have been mentioned on 30A, one where the market is on 395 and the other just up on319? fact or fiction?

9. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

The best aspect of PF Changs is the decor.

10. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I have heard no changes in the Downtown Seagrove project, and do not recall that it was going to be a hotel -- I just cannot remember.

I am guessing the other one on 319 as you say is really supposed to be the one on 283, up the street from Grayton. I have seen no further activity on it.

11. Santiago

Santiago Beach Fanatic

Ruth's Chris has had conversations with one existing Destin restaurant about and acquiring it and converting it to a Ruths Chris. I heard this directly from the owner of the restaurant. Their motivation for going this route is that it would take 3 years to go through the whole A&D process of building a new one. It was not part of the Howard group property. I don't think that this one is going to work out but it does prove that they are thinking about it.

12. drsvelte

drsvelte Beach Fanatic

Ruth's Chris decided to move their headquarters from NOLA to Orlando - permanently. Kick us while were down. Anyway, I prefer Sullivan's to Ruth's.

13. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    Or Smith & Wollenski's? Once using frequent-flyer miles to go to Italy, we had a long layover at LaGuardia. We took a cab to Manhattan, had dinner at Smith & Wollenski's (impeccable service, awesome steaks, and incredible broccoli), and then cabbed back to LaGuardia for our trip to Italy. YUM!

I still like Ruth's Chris. BTW the owner of the ATL site is a Tulane grad. Go Greenies!

14. imasunbum

imasunbum Beach Fanatic

Don't know anything about the Ritz-Carlton, but my boss is currently building a five star boutique hotel (including F&B and convention center) in the heart of Rosemary Beach (town center on south side of 30A) and having frequently stayed at different Ritz Carlton's he is highly impressed with their level of service and extremely interested in their training programs that result in their level of service. We have often discussed this. Estimated completion of the hotel is Fall of 2006

15. peapod1980

peapod1980 percy

In my humble opinion, I just can't envision it. I'm a longtime fan of the Ritz--what's not to love? But I just can't mesh the 2 things in my mind.

16. ktmeadows

ktmeadows Beach Fanatic

No offense, but I hate the thought of a convention center anywhere along 30-A. Much of the draw to the area comes from the quite charm and ambiance, unlike other resort areas such as Panama City and Destin. Hope this idea doesn't catch on. :bang:

17. imasunbum

imasunbum Beach Fanatic

Sorry - I'm just the messenger. But..........for those that seemed intrigued by the thought of a Ritz..........the comvention facilities would be incorporated. :idontno:

18. Camp Creek Kid

Camp Creek Kid Christini Zambini

I know the project about which imasunbum is speaking. (S)he says "convention center," but it is not going to be what first comes to mind. It is going to be a conference center/meeting hall building adjacent to the Rosemary Beach Town Hall with architecture and scale to fit in with the existing buildings. This area is in great need of meeting facilities for locals and tourists and I think it will be a great addition.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  19. imasunbum

imasunbum Beach Fanatic

Thanks for clarifying that Camp Creek Kid - I should remember that everyone does not know what we are talking about. I trust that it will be a true compliment for the Rosemary Beach and the rest of the area.

20. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Is this the Hotel Saba? When did construction begin on this project? I was down there last week and in my mind I had thought it should have been finished by now...I may be thinking of the loft project though. My guest was very impressed by the construction...as she said, "That doesn't look like it's going anywhere in a storm!"

One thing I have concluded about 30-A...IMHO it is nice to visit all of the communities, see the architecture and feel the different ambience each has to offer. You may not want to buy there or even rent at certain developments, but I am glad to have the diversity. The beauty being that there is something for everyone! I am still amazed at all the projects going up...last time I was here was in January of this year.