• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Too cute...have fun y'all!

beach blessings

Beach Lover
Jan 9, 2008
He is soo cute in his pionk rubber boots, no all jokes aside..I did mention that guys could help...they just can't join! :rotfl:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
sunsetbaby, if you want to keep the boys out, just require that all members have to wear the pink shirt, pink shorts and knee high pink rubber boots to each meeting and fishing outing. You won't even have to announce that men aren't allowed.

If it's not too late, you can edit your first post to include the correct link and website. It looks mighty pink (and funn for girls).

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Do you really think pink rubber will keep some male members of sowal from joining in the funn? ;-)

They're not organizing a "no boys allowed club", they're trying to form a local chapter of an organization that is trying to increase networking and promote a sport that is rather male oriented among women.

Bo's a male - at least according to friends he's dated and those holey jeans he really needs to retire. :D

p.s. I'd love to go fishing when my lack of makeup at 5 am, clothes for substance (and trying to avoid the family legacy of skin cancer) vs. style, and catching the biggest fish is NOT a gender issue.

Last edited:

beach blessings

Beach Lover
Jan 9, 2008
You said it right...it isn't a gender issue at all, but I don't see any men weraing red hats and attending high tea either. There definaely isn't a reason for anyone to be offended, but seems some poeple can find a way to be offended by everyting that comes accross the table.

I am looking so forward to kicking this off and of course catching the big one! Not that I am a die hard fisherman...like my mother is..but I enjoy the outdoors, and the good times it offers. I can't think of one time that my bathing suit, boat, fishing pole, and of course cold beer ever led to a bad time!

beach blessings

Beach Lover
Jan 9, 2008
This will be the first place I will post all details. The agenda for the first two meetings of course will be membership drives, and Bo will also come in to give us an outline for fishing the tournaments (There are three tournaments a year...Pensacola, Orange Beach, and Destin). Looking forward to the great times to come!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Do you really think pink rubber will keep some male members of sowal from joining in the funn? ;-)

They're not organizing a "no boys allowed club", they're trying to form a local chapter of an organization that is trying to increase networking and promote a sport that is rather male oriented among women.
Good point! In fact, judging by the photos of drunkkenartist at his not-my-birthday party, I'd say that requiring pink attire to be worn might actually encourage some of the SoWal guys to join in the funn.

I have no problem with the girls forming their own fishing group. I applaud them. I think the idea is a great way to expose people to fishing, who might otherwise be intimidated by the people who look like pros. I just wanted to pick on the manly Bo Walker for a second. He's too big to pick on face to face, and he might run me over with that big four door four by four Ford pick-up truck.