• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Just so that we are on the same page, I'll share some numbers, from the Emerald Coast Assoc of Realtors, comparing the avg sales in SoWal, in the area between Bay County and Sandestin.

Detached Single Family

2005 compared to 2004
qty of sales, down 25%
price of sales, up 17%

2006 compared to 2005
qty of sales, down 57%
price of sales, up 15%

2007 compared to 2006

qty of sales, up 35%
price of sales, down 7%

The "peak of the market," according to qty of sales was June 05. That is when the Shelly's came out and said that the bubble had burst. However, looking at the statistical data, prices of homes sold, increased another 15%. Maybe Shelly was basing the bubble bursting on the quantity of sales, which decreased substantially, 57%. Avg Sales Prices did decrease in 2007, compared to 2006, but compare those of 2007, to 2005, when the "bubble burst," and you will see the avg sales price increase of 6%. Yes, the quantity of sales is down in 2007, compared to 2005. However, the quantity of sales in 2007, compared to 2006, has increased by 35%.

The avg selling price of homes (detached single family) in this area of SoWal, during 2007 is $937,532, and this is based on 361 sales.

Sure, there are foreclosures coming up, but looking at the recent history, it doesn't appear that has stopped homes from selling at prices which are historically significantly.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
flyguy, here are some numbers for you, regarding sales for single family detached homes which are listed as Gulf Front, in the same area of SoWal, described in previous post.

qty sold - 20
avg sales price - $3,570,167

qty sold - 15
avg sales price - $4,796,296

qty sold - 17
avg sales price - $3,252,738

Inventory in 2007 has remained fairly constant, but is up over the previous years.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
"...If you are interested, here is the article ..."

A quote from your article:

"..Of course, even if we don't get a housing bubble, we may still wind up with a double-dip recession. An oil shock or a financial implosion could also pulverize the economy and slam housing prices...."

Housing buble?

Oil shock?

"financial implosion" (SIV, subprime, hedge fund)?

Recession?

What's the secret of his crystal ball?

Clairvoyance or common sense?

"Sound like someone we know?...."

Shelly had the same crystal ball.

And a few of the rest of us were not far behind.

All very true!

What does the crystal ball say about the economic stimulus package? :shock:

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
The Trend I see are the A quaility properties are selling. I think it is pretty obvious that the RE market is hurting. If an agent tells you any different run! I think my rose colored glasses are a way I approach life. Probably why I am in sales. I also think if you work with someone you can trust (remember trust works both ways), you will be fine. As earlier stated, research, research!

Capricious

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
All very true!

About as effective as the government stimulus plans for
the recovery from Hurricane Katrina, if it happens at all.

At this point, it's too late for the government to do anything so
it might as well do nothing.

Shelly might have a different take as I know he/she has
immense confidence in the abilities and intellect of our
polititions.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
My Magic 8-Ball says that it may help stimulate the economy of China, since everything we buy today, seems to come from China. Don't think that China doesn't feel the hurt.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
All very true!

Listed to Dubya & "Stuttering Hank" outline the economic stimulus package today :funn:.

Just where do the people of America think this "extra" money comes from to pay for this economic stimulus? (Hint: Rhymes with "Tinting Messes.")

Last edited: