• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

maeby funke

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2006
South Georgia
Maeby Funke
Gemini
Live in South Georgia
Legal secretary with Master's Degree (shows you how great the job market in South Georgia is)
Visit SoWal often to see best friend Olive and Baby Dodie
Recently converted to Liberalism
Really, really love pandas

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Steve
Birthday in May(hem)
Moved here in '02 from Colo
Custom Audio, Pro Audio, Event Production
Grew up So. Fla and up and down the East Coast
Dislikes: cigarettes, litterbugs, govt. pork

didn't we do this in the lounge a while back?

Eddie, thanks for serving.

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
Okay. :wave:

My favorite holiday is Independence Day!
I lived in Poquito Bayou (Okaloosa County) until ?81 - Santa Rosa Beach since.
[I don?t remember learning to swim but do remember the first time I met somebody who couldn?t. :eek:]
As hobbies I like to paddle (kayak), cycle (leisurely), swim, hike, travel, and read.
I truly love this area - the woods, the creeks, the bay, the beach, the Gulf, the weather, and the people.

I wish that everyone would come here so I could share this magical place with them and I wish nobody would come here and change it into something else.
It amazes me that someone could go through life and not know how to swim:eek:...how does that happen...and it is not something I ever ask...I never ask "Do you know how to swim?":dunno:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
ShallowsNole
NATIVE!
one son, ShallowsSquirt, 15 (thinks he is 30)
one husband (dang!), ShallowsFuzz :love:
Three dogs and two cats - the folks at Barry Veterinary know us well :roll:
Your tax dollars pay my whole family's salary :razz:
Alumni of Bay Elementary, Freeport High, Okaloosa-Walton College, Florida State University, and University of West Florida
Sorta kinda fond of FSU and all things associated with it :blush:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
ShallowsNole
NATIVE!
one son, ShallowsSquirt, 15 (thinks he is 30)
one husband (dang!), ShallowsFuzz :love:
Three dogs and two cats - the folks at Barry Veterinary know us well :roll:
Your tax dollars pay my whole family's salary :razz:
Alumni of Bay Elementary, Freeport High, Okaloosa-Walton College, Florida State University, and University of West Florida
Sorta kinda fond of FSU and all things associated with it :blush:

:clap:...best use of taxes, ever!

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB
[
how does that happen...and it is not something I ever ask...I never ask "Do you know how to swim?":dunno:

I was in first grade - "hey Rita, lets swim out to Duck Island" - it never occurred to me to ask if she could swim.

seasidebride

Beach Comber
Sep 18, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Hi all!
I am 21. And have been in love with SoWal since 2005. I have visited every year since, at least twice. I am getting married in Seacrest in April of 2009. And one day hopefully, I can live in SoWal.

tebo

Beach Lover
Nov 12, 2007
Huntsville, Al
Hey Everybody.
I am barely more than a lurker... but have been lurking for severral years. I have recently started posting a little.
I live in the Rocket City, Huntsville Alabama.
Recently widowed.
55 Yrs young.
I have a wonderful daughter named Tonya...who is a shcool counselor.
Two grandkids... Cade an Cole,
And ofcourse the ole man Wes, good guy.
I have been visiting the coast since I was 6 yrs old. Which means I have seen many changes.. some good... some not so good.
But the fact remains... any day on the coast is better than a day three hundred plus miles away.
Going to the board and seeing the latest, has gotten to be more important the first cup of coffee in the morning.
I would love to meet everybody... not as much as living in SoWal... but I am sure it is understood.

tebo

Beach Lover
Nov 12, 2007
Huntsville, Al
By the way I can proof read what I just wrote... before I post it. After it is posted is when I find my spelling errors. My daughter would would not understand.