• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Re: Seaside - NOT Welcome:Redux

I am afraid anyone will have to look a long time to find any community without some type of problem. We find Seaside to be very friendly, and we definitely do not own there.

I do understand the need for nonresidents to be able to access the shops and restuarants, however unless you are visiting a resident I see no need to be on the residential streets. The streets within Seaside are so small and crowded, I am sure the residents do have access problems.

As to the signs at the Beach I always took that to mean the pavillions and the access that Seaside has, is provided for the their residents, I never took it to mean that the actual beach was not public. :dunno:

There are always two sides to any problems, and usually the turth lies in the middle.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal

There really is no reason to ever be on any residential street unless you have some sort of business there and Seaside streets are not any narrower than most of the roads in Seagrove.

I think most of the issue w/ making the streets "private" has to do w/ non Seaside vacationers parking on them to use the beach accesses. :dunno:

A "private" street is the antithesis of New Urbanism. :roll:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005

I am afraid anyone will have to look a long time to find any community without some type of problem. We find Seaside to be very friendly, and we definitely do not own there.

I do understand the need for nonresidents to be able to access the shops and restuarants, however unless you are visiting a resident I see no need to be on the residential streets. The streets within Seaside are so small and crowded, I am sure the residents do have access problems.

As to the signs at the Beach I always took that to mean the pavillions and the access that Seaside has, is provided for the their residents, I never took it to mean that the actual beach was not public. :dunno:

There are always two sides to any problems, and usually the turth lies in the middle.

One of the greatest pleasures of Seaside is strolling around. How could you think that no one but a resident needs to do that?

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL

Part of the pleasure of a Seaside (or Rosemary Beach for that matter) visit is strolling through the residential areas enjoying the architecture there, and trying to spot the Seaside kitties and other wildlife.

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida

Part of the pleasure of a Seaside (or Rosemary Beach for that matter) visit is strolling through the residential areas enjoying the architecture there, and trying to spot the Seaside kitties and other wildlife.

Not long ago those Seaside kitties were trapped and ?disposed of.? Cats first, tourists and neighbors next! Seaside was a lot friendlier when the cats were around.;-)

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La

One of the greatest pleasures of Seaside is strolling around. How could you think that no one but a resident needs to do that?

Hey Mermy, I interpreted it as Minnie meant cars driving around, not people walking around. I could be wrong though...:wave:That is where I see the problem - cars driving around v e r y s l o w l y looking at everything and clogging up the streets.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

Be on the lookout for a WaterColor Kitty to be biking at will around Seaside in April and May! ;-)

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

dont let anyone trap and dispose of you....:eek::love:

:eek:...on my! Don't worry...I always seem to get trapped at B & A's....and someone always disposes me back home! ;-)

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

I have a feeling that some tourists forget they are meandering through a residental section and not a movie set. I have seen people on porches peering in windows in several developments. That would get a little old and fast.