• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Re: Public Beach & Bay Accesses - list and map

........ What I have been telling you is that having a deed for property does not convey complete rights to the property.
And you've also stated several times that you are not an attorney yet it certainly appears you have determined what does and does not get conveyed with beach property. If it were that simple, we would not be exchanging messages regarding this topic.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator

Thanks for the update.

Regarding delineation, I believe people like Smiling Joe, Bobby J, John R, and myself, are going to unduly antagonize the situation furthering the polarization of an already touchy issue.

Fixed that for you. Don't leave yourself out when you use the word antagonize. I even threw myself in there for you.

I've made this same comment before somewhere in another thread.

ad nauseam...

Now that's a banner line....
"FREE THE BEACH!!!!!".
;-)

I am not an attorney.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com

Are you going to be there when the next tourist gets arrested for not understanding this situation [edit: and becoming beligerent as a reult of] and then tell the sheriff to their face that the "law is not clear" so they must set the tourist (trespasser) free?
You bet. If I am aware that the arrest is taking place, I will gladly explain to the police officer that "we" have been using these beaches for years and that this is all just a giant misunderstanding. :D

jack S

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2007

And if you purchased your property after tona roma, you should have known that that strip of sand is a very special place for ALL of us!!!!!! So quit being a greedy pig!

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com

And if you purchased your property after tona roma, you should have known that that strip of sand is a very special place for ALL of us!!!!!! So quit being a greedy pig!

I would imagine if the county were not such 'greedy pigs' when it came to collecting tax revenue from this property owners, they would be more conducive to allowing the use of the land. Maybe they could license it back to the county at the same terms that the county is using to license public lands to adjoining owners.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Bobby J, why must we rehash the same ole crap? Didn't we more or less agree to let this concept play out in the court system?

If you feel that way, why do you continue to bring up the issue? You were the first to post something about it on this thread. :dunno:

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com

You know what really puzzles me? Why would someone purchase a beach front home knowing good and well that people use this beach and then promptly begin to complain about these same people on the beach?

If I purchased my home and folks were playing out back, I think I would have made the connection that these folks always played there....

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator

You know what really puzzles me? Why would someone purchase a beach front home knowing good and well that people use this beach and then promptly begin to complain about these same people on the beach?

If I purchased my home and folks were playing out back, I think I would have made the connection that these folks always played there....

exactly. people come to the emerald coast to, um, GO TO THE BEACH.