• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seaside Rep Theatre

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2006
SAVE THE DATE (and find one) FOR THE PROM!
[FONT=&quot]Save the Date (and make sure to find one) for ?The Prom,? a retro-celebration to benefit the Seaside Repertory Theatre, a non-profit organization and the only professional year-round theatre company in Northwest Florida. ?The Prom,? which has been relocated to the Lyceum Lawn in Seaside, will be held Friday, April 18th at 7pm and will offer dancing to the party tunes of Hotwire, great food by Criolla?s, a full hosted bar complete with spiked punch, and crazy fun with absolutely no silent auction! The highlight of the evening will be the crowning of ?The Prom? King and Queen! Prom-goers are encouraged to dress reminiscent of their own high school prom so that attire will span the decades, or come as a ?Chaperone? dressed in normal party wear.[/FONT] Tickets to ?The Prom? are $100 and can be purchased by calling 850.231.0733 or at www.seasiderep.org. Reserved tables for eight are also available for $1,000 and must be reserved by phone. [FONT=&quot] ?The Prom? is sponsored by Dungan-Nequette Architects and Tracery Interiors.
[/FONT]
Prom King and Queen Candidates

The campaigns have begun forsix men and six women from the community have been nominated to run for the coveted titles of King and Queen of ?The Prom.? The male and female candidates who raise the most money for the Rep between March 1st and April 18th will be ceremoniously crowned at ?The Prom!?
Queen Candidates are Lauren Basford, Paula Ford, Claire LaPlante, Wendy Mignot, Cheri Peebles and Nan Sroufe. King Candidates are Michael Granberry, George Hartley, Bryan Peterson, Bryan Pritchett, Dave Rauschkolb and Ed Walborsky.
Contributions to a campaign can be made in many ways, including via the web, phone, mail and in person. Visit the Rep?s website at www.seasiderep.org to read more about the candidates and to vote for your 2008 Prom King and Queen!

Win a trip for two to Napa Valley
In lieu of a silent and live auction, the Rep will hold a benefit drawing for an all expense paid trip for two to Napa Valley. The customized trip will include air and ground transportation, a four-night stay on a beautiful vineyard, and private VIP wine tastings with some of the most well-known winemakers from vineyards such as Elyse, Hendry, Schug, Falcor and more. Tickets will be sold from March 10th until 9:30pm on the night of ?The Prom? with the winner being announced at 10pm. 2nd and 3rd prizes will be announced and awarded that evening. Benefit drawing tickets are $40 or $100 for three and can be purchased at Sundog Books on Central Square in Seaside or at the Rep office at 30 Smolian Circle, 2nd floor (above the Seaside School). For more information, call 850.231.0733.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
This will be the best party of 2008!:clap: Creative and fun, just like the Rep!

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I have to commend whoever came up with the Prom theme. I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a party a month out. I just bought a dress on Ebay, and yesterday discussed recreating the Mariah Carey circa 1990 hair that was once my 'do with the girl at the salon. I'm so excited!

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
Peaboy's wife and I rented dresses from a stripper for our 1989 Prom in good ole Freeport. I don't think Seaside is ready for us to venture down memory lane. ;-)

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
I have to commend whoever came up with the Prom theme. I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a party a month out. I just bought a dress on Ebay, and yesterday discussed recreating the Mariah Carey circa 1990 hair that was once my 'do with the girl at the salon. I'm so excited!

Be sure to share the photos. :clap: It sounds like so much fun.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA

I can still wear my 1988 prom dress. Are we getting together to do our big ol' hair?

Let's please get the official list of who is going together, and I will need to set up a separate fund-raiser to rent/bribe a date.

Peaboy's wife and I rented dresses from a stripper for our 1989 Prom in good ole Freeport. I don't think Seaside is ready for us to venture down memory lane. ;-)

Uh, yes, we're ready...

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I looked at what was left of my old formals while I was in Houston. They were all still so cute, that I left them there. We are talking 36 year old dresses! :eek: