• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
The days of Prom King and Queen are so special. :love:

b487ea3c-5df0-4bcb-ab3e-56ade09eecbd_ms.jpeg

Get out and vote for your favorite King and Queen and support the Seaside Rep.

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Time to hit E-Bay and start looking for that perfect prom dress. My eyes are already bleeding- going to keep the bottle of artifical tears next to the computer. Bdarg's accessories depend on my prom dress color choice, of course.

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
Peaboy's wife and I rented dresses from a stripper for our 1989 Prom in good ole Freeport. I don't think Seaside is ready for us to venture down memory lane. ;-)

I double dog dare you to wear it again. YOU! could still pull it off.

I can still wear my 1988 prom dress. Are we getting together to do our big ol' hair?

Let's please get the official list of who is going together, and I will need to set up a separate fund-raiser to rent/bribe a date.

You saw pics of my big 80's hair, not sure I can get those jumping for jesus bangs again. :blink:

I think we can get a you a date for prom. ;-)

I also have my mother's prom dress from 1958. It has been worn in Gainesville High School's last 2 productions of Grease--it's beautiful. Hail--If I run another couple of half marathons, maybe I can wear hers instead of mine!

I love that dress, can I wear it?:D

Can you still get those big ole' wrist corsages?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I double dog dare you to wear it again. YOU! could still pull it off.

You saw pics of my big 80's hair, not sure I can get those jumping for jesus bangs again. :blink:

I think we can get a you a date for prom. ;-)

I love that dress, can I wear it?:D

Can you still get those big ole' wrist corsages?[/quote]

Stay tuned. I heard wrist corsages being discussed today, and a source.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
=Can you still get those big ole' wrist corsages?

Yes, I know just where to get them. I just had one made for little IBD so all we have to do is get one much larger....:lol: Maybe dye the carnation to match the dress....

Ebay has some great dresses, :clap: I justed finished checking. I bet you could go to some local formal shops and look at their 90% off rack and there would be an 80's dress or two...I just need to try on my clothes...

This sounds like so much funn, thanks for calling me on this one BB....:clap:

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
As of last May, wrist corsages were popular with prom-goers around here, so I expect they will be an option. And with the dresses these girls wear now, there is NOWHERE to pin a corsage--:eek:

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Har! I told BB this weekend that I had the short little Mary Stuart Masterson/Phoebe Cates haircut in the 80s, but every time I went to have it cut my hairdresser would tell me, "You know, you could have some really big hair!"

Now is my chance...:clap:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Har! I told BB this weekend that I had the short little Mary Stuart Masterson/Phoebe Cates haircut in the 80s, but every time I went to have it cut my hairdresser would tell me, "You know, you could have some really big hair!"

Now is my chance...:clap:

hmm, can you get a temporary spiral perm??? That was me with a bunch of moose in my hair!!! Alberto V05 :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Oh, how bad that was....could you see me asking for that in Salon Twist?? :blink: