• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I believe that scooterbug said that the sandwich board signs are in the middle of the sidewalk, not south of.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
As of this morning all of the signs are either partially in the designated "multiuse path" area or south of it.

It's been a while since driver's ed - how many points are folding signs? :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Just make sure a small kid is hiding inside or behind the signs before your car accidentally runs over the sign. Seriously, it is that time of year when the kids and grown kids, aka - adults, dart out into the road from behind parked cars and trucks, so when you drive down 30A or any of these neighborhoods, please drive slowly with one foot prepared to hit the break. Just expect a kid to pop out from behind every parked car. Last week, I had a lady pull out into the road on her bicycle, right in front of my car. I wasn't going fast and was able to stop. Her husband who actually stopped to see if traffic was coming before crossing, about had a heart attack, and looked rather surprised at his wife's inability to ride a bicycle around traffic. Be Safe!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
My vehicle speed in Seaside during the season/evening would best be described as "idle". The only pedal that gets used is the brake! :wave:

With the combo of people unaware that the road they used to get there functions as a road even when they're not driving, the quality attempts at parallel parking, less than stellar bike skills, cars parked next to the road, and pedestrian traffic that place is a mine field!

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
My vehicle speed in Seaside during the season/evening would best be described as "idle". The only pedal that gets used is the brake! :wave:

With the combo of people unaware that the road they used to get there functions as a road even when they're not driving, the quality attempts at parallel parking, less than stellar bike skills, cars parked next to the road, and pedestrian traffic that place is a mine field!

I am always surprised by how many people park along 30A- with half of the car sticking out into the road. Every day last week I had to wait for oncoming traffic to pass so I could drive around a "car butt".

After the Mermobile was totaled along 30A last year, I don't know why anyone would park along there- to many drivers not paying attention, and too many kids on bikes that are going to crash into your parked car and ding it up!

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
I am always surprised by how many people park along 30A- with half of the car sticking out into the road. Every day last week I had to wait for oncoming traffic to pass so I could drive around a "car butt".

After the Mermobile was totaled along 30A last year, I don't know why anyone would park along there- to many drivers not paying attention, and too many kids on bikes that are going to crash into your parked car and ding it up!

My thoughts exactly. :blink:

tired0909

Beach Comber
Feb 22, 2008
Hands tied

Susan Vallee, writings are dead on, UNTIL the editing from the powers of Seaside,, made the whole Seaside Times seem BLAH, Not Susan's fault it is the ego's that control the town, who hires a H.R. person to control, the gold standred of New Urbanism. The latest issue Winter 2008 had a article written by a person who wrote "SEASIDE STLYE" over five years ago, is this book in paperback. We all need to thank Susan, and help her, have the forum to write, without censorship by the owners and G.M of a town thats not a town and a place that is a minor dot in the real world, but for some reason it works, not by how perfect Seaside is, but it for the most part, the battle of good verses evil, for old school people its like Mad Mags. "SPY vs. SPY............................Stop all the insane issues and feel blessed to have what we all have, and let people express themseleves in writings, and lets get on the bandwagon to bring true non-altered new on the tiny little street we live on

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Susan Vallee, writings are dead on, UNTIL the editing from the powers of Seaside,, made the whole Seaside Times seem BLAH, Not Susan's fault it is the ego's that control the town, who hires a H.R. person to control, the gold standred of New Urbanism. The latest issue Winter 2008 had a article written by a person who wrote "SEASIDE STLYE" over five years ago, is this book in paperback. We all need to thank Susan, and help her, have the forum to write, without censorship by the owners and G.M of a town thats not a town and a place that is a minor dot in the real world, but for some reason it works, not by how perfect Seaside is, but it for the most part, the battle of good verses evil, for old school people its like Mad Mags. "SPY vs. SPY............................Stop all the insane issues and feel blessed to have what we all have, and let people express themseleves in writings, and lets get on the bandwagon to bring true non-altered new on the tiny little street we live on

Huh? :dunno: