• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
These comments dont sound like "just asking about it" to me. This is a person that has been a business owner in the community long before the neighboring "communities" were ever built. And I just dont feel right about coming down on him with comments like the above ones after he has suffered a loss due to some unfortunate circumstances. It was stated above that he was waiting on an insurance claim and we all know how the insurance industry treats people in Florida. Should we be any less forgiving if it was an upscale store/resort in some upscale subdivision? I could start in about how long the burnt out shell of Bayou Bills has been standing there and many others places of business that stood there storm damaged for over a year. But those are OTHER businesses that suffered bad circumstances and were at the mercy of insurance companies.

Good points. I think we don't need to forget that this is someones livelihood we are discussing and they have a family that depends on it.

Sometimes if something bothers us if we approach the source in a non-aggressive manner and offer help, we can enact positive change and everyone benefits.

Last edited:

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Ol' Point Washingtern, FL
These comments dont sound like "just asking about it" to me. This is a person that has been a business owner in the community long before the neighboring "communities" were ever built. And I just dont feel right about coming down on him with comments like the above ones after he has suffered a loss due to some unfortunate circumstances. It was stated above that he was waiting on an insurance claim and we all know how the insurance industry treats people in Florida. Should we be any less forgiving if it was an upscale store/resort in some upscale subdivision? I could start in about how long the burnt out shell of Bayou Bills has been standing there and many others places of business that stood there storm damaged for over a year. But those are OTHER businesses that suffered bad circumstances and were at the mercy of insurance companies.

To be fair, were those quotes from the same people?

Agree, a measured approach would be needed to really affect change. While buddies is not "useless", it is seen by many as disgusting and embarrassing. And it is undeniably a mess in its current state.

Sounds like Cali had something to get off her chest. She did (as many do on this website), and received varied supportive and not so supportive feedback on it. If nothing else, it brings this issue to many others attention and gets the discussion going. Let's hope it trickles down to Buddy. I know I'll be inquiring as to plans the next time I visit. I'd say mission accomplished SoWal!

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
To be fair, were those quotes from the same people?

Agree, a measured approach would be needed to really affect change. While buddies is not "useless", it is seen by many as disgusting and embarrassing. And it is undeniably a mess in its current state.

Sounds like Cali had something to get off her chest. She did (as many do on this website), and received varied supportive and not so supportive feedback on it. If nothing else, it brings this issue to many others attention and gets the discussion going. Let's hope it trickles down to Buddy. I know I'll be inquiring as to plans the next time I visit. I'd say mission accomplished SoWal!

Nice to meet you DCF and :welcome: I'll spread some rep your way as soon as I'm out of the rep skank penalty box:wave:

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Back at ya, Leonard.

Not to belabor the issue, but has anyone actually met "Buddy", if he exists?
A quick check of the property appraiser's site shows that plot is either owned by C-30A, LLC or Frances Pearson Bowles Revocable Trust. Either of which is fine, of course, but I just wanted to satisfy my curiousity about the hard working, blue collar romantic hero of the everyman that so many have referenced in this thread.

I'm honestly curious. Or is "Buddy" none of us, but all of us at the same time?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Wow...you found that Frances (Buddy) Pearson Bowles Revocable Trust owns the property and that the licenses are held by an out of town investment company. Not sure but dont alot of franchise operations work that way?

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Are you saying "Buddy" Pearson Bowles owns the property and is the franchisee?
Or are you saying the franchisee, that is BH Investment of North Florida, Inc., with a principal address for that address there in Inlet Beach and whose Directors have addresses in Georgia, is naming its business after the property owner?

Or are you saying something else altogether?

Regardless, your point is?

My point is that "Buddy" is only loosely involved with the business, if at all, as a member of a Trust that leases the property and buidling to the business. Whether it is the Trust or BH Investments' responsibility to clean up its lot and repair its building, there are many people other than Cali and I that wish they would be a bit more proactive about it. Not exactly certain how long it has been sitting there in disrepair (maybe two months or more), but the place has been a pigsty for much longer than that.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Are you saying "Buddy" Pearson Bowles owns the property and is the franchisee?
Or are you saying the franchisee, that is BH Investment of North Florida, Inc., with a principal address for that address there in Inlet Beach and whose Directors have addresses in Georgia, is naming its business after the property owner?

Or are you saying something else altogether?

Regardless, your point is?

My point is that "Buddy" is only loosely involved with the business, if at all, as a member of a Trust that leases the property and buidling to the business. Whether it is the Trust or BH Investments' responsibility to clean up its lot and repair its building, there are many people other than Cali and I that wish they would be a bit more proactive about it. Not exactly certain how long it has been sitting there in disrepair (maybe two months or more), but the place has been a pigsty for much longer than that.
They sell big, tough garbage sacks at Home Depot. If it bothers you that badly go clean up the lot this weekend. Maybe put it on your list for routine maintenance so it doesn't get to be in such sorry shape again. That is a great way to exercise your freedoms, much better than trying to limit someone else's, even, to quote you, "Good Ol Buddy"'s the indian..or pakistani.

Last edited:

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
They sell big, tough garbage sacks at Home Depot. If it bothers you that badly go clean up the lot this weekend. Maybe put it on your list for routine maintenance so it doesn't get to be in such sorry shape again. That is a great way to exercise your freedoms, uch better than trying to limit someone else's, even, to quote you, "Good Ol Buddy"'s the indian..or pakistani.

It is called "responsibility", something one or all of the people involved with Buddy's evidence a certain lack of. And that is something they do not sell at Home Depot, nor something you can buy, el gordo. But maybe you can google it or go to wikipedia to find out more.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
It is called "responsibility", something one or all of the people involved with Buddy's evidence a certain lack of. And that is something they do not sell at Home Depot, nor something you can buy, el gordo. But maybe you can google it or go to wikipedia to find out more.
I googled "responsibility" it came back on the third link down that "DCFinSCB should take some responsibility upon himself and put his money where is mouth is and clean up Buddy's and shut el gordo up" fourth link said "not sold at Home Depot" so it seems you were correct about that, I will send out a mass e-mailer. :wave:

Last edited: