• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I guess another reason to leave the door open would be to air out a place and maybe...let the bugs OUT! Health Code violation, unless there is a screen door. Back door open of a grocery may be for delivery...and normally there is an isolated area for that....such as Publix. Some restaurants as well.:wave:
I don't think it is a health code violation to have the doors open. What about outdoor catering events and restaurant decks, would that be a violation also? I stop by Buddies going to the Rovemary Beach and never seen any bugs.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
With all of the smack-talk about Buddy's, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that they cleaned or painted over the smoke from the fire. Looks much nicer.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Never read this thread before today (thanks SJ ) and I've never been to Buddy's but I'm glad they have some support here. Owning/running a business is tough. The surrounding community is their livelihood and I'm sure they appeciate your concern and your patronage. ASH & Chuckster made some very good points to consider if this business is in your area.

Seeker1

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2008
this might help

Just curious, does anyone think that the three dumpsters, backing up to the Texaco station, which are on the adjacent property where Shades is located, could be the cause of the litter scattered behind Buddy's? Two of the three dumpster lids were opened when I noticed them today, and one of the bins appeared to be full.

P3250113.JPG
Some communities, like fort walton beach and pensacola are requiring the trash containers to be fenced in with an eye appealing wood fence higher than the containers themselves. This would prevent trash from blowing all over the place and it hides the unsightly view. I was surprised this isnt already practiced in the county.