• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Did anyone happen to notice if there was maybe a delivery truck there? Did anyone pass by several times at different times of the day and notice the door open all day? There are alot of reasons for a door of a business to be propped open. And I have even seen some of the RESTAURANTS/COFFEE SHOPS that some rave about on here with the doors standing wide open in the last few days. Have any of you driven around the backside of your favorite grocery store? You will notice that THOSE doors are standing open also. The argument about the doors being open is not a valid one and just goes to show that people will resort to ANY argument to defend their POV.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Did anyone happen to notice if there was maybe a delivery truck there? Did anyone pass by several times at different times of the day and notice the door open all day? There are alot of reasons for a door of a business to be propped open. And I have even seen some of the RESTAURANTS/COFFEE SHOPS that some rave about on here with the doors standing wide open in the last few days. Have any of you driven around the backside of your favorite grocery store? You will notice that THOSE doors are standing open also. The argument about the doors being open is not a valid one and just goes to show that people will resort to ANY argument to defend their POV.

I guess another reason to leave the door open would be to air out a place and maybe...let the bugs OUT! Health Code violation, unless there is a screen door. Back door open of a grocery may be for delivery...and normally there is an isolated area for that....such as Publix. Some restaurants as well.:wave:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Just curious, does anyone think that the three dumpsters, backing up to the Texaco station, which are on the adjacent property where Shades is located, could be the cause of the litter scattered behind Buddy's? Two of the three dumpster lids were opened when I noticed them today, and one of the bins appeared to be full.

P3250113.JPG

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Just curious, does anyone think that the three dumpsters, backing up to the Texaco station, which are on the adjacent property where Shades is located, could be the cause of the litter scattered behind Buddy's? Two of the three dumpster lids were opened when I noticed them today, and the bins appeared to be full.
That could very well be a major cause of some of the trash given the high winds in the area for the last few days/weeks.:dunno:

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Been a while since I posted on this subject and it took a while to read through all the nasty comments. I want to add a couple thoughts please:
#1) I doubt that employees of this store are being paid to run around and throw litter all over the premises, so they must not be the polluters.
#2) We are in tough economic times, so it is entirely possible that while the store owners would love to have a better foot forward, they simply cannot afford to pay the hours to have employees cleaning the parking lot as silly as that sounds.
#3) note that the store has been through a fire, perhaps this has added hardship on an already cash strapped business making #2 even worse.

Perhaps the answer might be to make trash receptacles easily accessible to the people doing business with the store to cut down on what gets dropped on the ground. I don't know if the business can do this with the current footprint of the store and still meet code. (hadda bring up code!). Or it may be as SJ notes, coming from the dumpsters. For all we know there is someone living in/around those dumpsters trying to keep their own place clean after people mess it up all day.

I have been to this store on several ocassions and I absolutely believe it should look better. I also don't know how many hours the owners of the store may already be putting in to maybe just keep that business alive. It might be a lot more than you or I would be willing to put in.
Several people are going to have to live with their opinions if some folks are killing themselves trying to float a business and failed at it. Would you rather have the business survive this economy and be a much better place in the near future or would you rather see another empty building(s) guaranteed to not improve (like...say...A block East of Buddy's)? Just my opinions. Fire away.

Chuckster

Beach Comber
Sep 20, 2007
I think Buddy's place is a great opportunity to excell!
A band of motivated, highly skilled, extremely ambitious Sowal citizens could organize a "Beautify Buddy's Club". Some real fun and fond memories could be had while working together to transform Buddy's into a place the whole community can be proud of. Buddie's has served this area like a faithful canine friend! (He just needs a good flea bath, a new red collar and a nice,clean doggy bed to sleep in!)
Just a hanfull of willing people, not afraid of picking up trash, using a pressure washer, or stirring a liitle paint, could be a "buddy" to Buddies! Some kids and grandkids might even see what it really means to be an American! A little paint, a handfull of flower seeds, a few wooden planters, a gallon or two of bleach! and "Wal" ah! "Buddie's Paradise"!
Folk art on the side walls, cactus in the sand! The possibilities are endless! yes?

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
I think Buddy's place is a great opportunity to excell!
A band of motivated, highly skilled, extremely ambitious Sowal citizens could organize a "Beautify Buddy's Club". Some real fun and fond memories could be had while working together to transform Buddy's into a place the whole community can be proud of. Buddie's has served this area like a faithful canine friend! (He just needs a good flea bath, a new red collar and a nice,clean doggy bed to sleep in!)
Just a hanfull of willing people, not afraid of picking up trash, using a pressure washer, or stirring a liitle paint, could be a "buddy" to Buddies! Some kids and grandkids might even see what it really means to be an American! A little paint, a handfull of flower seeds, a few wooden planters, a gallon or two of bleach! and "Wal" ah! "Buddie's Paradise"!
Folk art on the side walls, cactus in the sand! The possibilities are endless! yes?

I'd rep this post if I had any left. Great idea and something that incorporates the idea of a village and not an us vs them.:clap::wave: