• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
celebrity, shelebrity. They are just people, sometimes with talent. I'm reminded of those lyrics from some old song -- "people are people..."

Wouldn't it be cool if everybody felt that way, including the schelebrities? I keep thinking of the J.D. Salinger quote about if everyone looked exactly alike:

"Zooey was in dreamy top form. The announcer had them off on the subject of housing developments, and the little Burke girl said she hated houses that all look alike--meaning a long row of identical 'development' houses. Zooey said they were 'nice.' He said it would be very nice to come home and be in the wrong house. To eat dinner with the wrong people by mistake, sleep in the wrong bed by mistake, and kiss everybody goodbye in the morning thinking they were your own family. He said he even wished everybody in the world looked exactly alike. He said you'd keep thinking everybody you met was your wife or your mother or father, and people would always be throwing their arms around each other wherever they went, and it would look 'very nice.'" (J.D. Salinger, Raise High the Roofbeam, Carpenters)

Alas...that's not how it works...

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Toots, you know I was just jealous that I wasn't there. The lamb was tasty, but it's not like I need to eat.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Wouldn't it be cool if everybody felt that way, including the schelebrities? I keep thinking of the J.D. Salinger quote about if everyone looked exactly alike:

"Zooey was in dreamy top form. The announcer had them off on the subject of housing developments, and the little Burke girl said she hated houses that all look alike--meaning a long row of identical 'development' houses. Zooey said they were 'nice.' He said it would be very nice to come home and be in the wrong house. To eat dinner with the wrong people by mistake, sleep in the wrong bed by mistake, and kiss everybody goodbye in the morning thinking they were your own family. He said he even wished everybody in the world looked exactly alike. He said you'd keep thinking everybody you met was your wife or your mother or father, and people would always be throwing their arms around each other wherever they went, and it would look 'very nice.'" (J.D. Salinger, Raise High the Roofbeam, Carpenters)

Alas...that's not how it works...

I have always loved that passage....

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
IMHO, SHE was honored to have played with them.

I appreciate that she's a talented musician, but her music feels contrived and formulaic to me. :dunno: Please don't flame me... Just one girl's opinion....

But if she could help DC get the props they deserve, more power to her!

I like the old one where she sings "All I want to do is have a littel funn before I die" and the one she did with Kid Rock!:D