• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

csbeard

Beach Crab
Mar 29, 2008
"Met with ralphie and threw his hat in the ring" (loosely quoted)....sounds like hitler propaganda.......you are more harmful to the sheriff race than the multiple candidates!:bang:

Funny - I receive no benefit in regards to who wins or loses. I no longer work or live in the area. I worked for Ralph for several years and I know all of these people very well. I have a great deal of respect for most all of them. Ralph does not deserve respect and does not give it either.

Tom pledged his support to Chief Adkinson - met with Ralph - met with Sunday and then threw his hat in ring of fire. Tom Cooper has extreme ties to Ralph, Stan, Jason, and the rest of the crew. Tom is a good person but has been out of Law Enforcement for many years. I am not saying anything bad about Tom...if you do not think this is political chess, think again.

Last edited by a moderator:

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
I could be D.B. Cooper as well.

WaltonGOP you are really showing your age with the Deputy Dawg thing.

Did anyone ever figure out exactly who that individual was ?

Walton GOP were you Deputy Dawg ?

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I could be D.B. Cooper as well.

WaltonGOP you are really showing your age with the Deputy Dawg thing.

Did anyone ever figure out exactly who that individual was ?

Walton GOP were you Deputy Dawg ?

Age or just my knowledge with the long term happenings of SO? No, I was not, nor could I ever figure out who was. Heck I was so insignificant back then that I never was included on the direct mail list. Always use to read the reports from one of the other deputies. But with all of these drop in posters from places far off that have worked for Ralph, it got me thinking about the Dawg. Wonder what ever happened?

I believe there were two meetings and that is what he implied (read the post carefully)

I know that Tom met with Ralph. I have heard that Tom met with Sunday seeking his support. This was after Sunday(former Capt. WCSO) received notice that the "Hatch Act" applied to him. He cannot run without resigning.

I find it 100% plausable that Tom met with Sunday. He would simply be seeking support from someone that does not like Ralph.

Wile, The problem with this type of propaganda is that you are in fact AIDING ralphie and his chances of re-election. :yikes: This constant drumbeat that there are too many candidates only serves to give people the impression that ralph is is a viable candidate. :pissed: He in fact IS NOT, the Daily News, Herald and tv stations have finished him. :clap:Just because hundreds of people do not come here and post how much they wish him gone does not change the fact that they do. I can find no one in SoWal who will say they are for him. I went to a function in Freeport alwhile ago and found the same attitude towards the cookin sheriff.:clap:
Another problem is the constant spreading of falsehoods against candidates. This bug has mostly effected Adkinson, Cooper and Cornman, who just happen to be the strongest candidates.:eek: This behavior also serves ralphie well and helps his campaign. :pissed: Everyone would be better off to listen to the candidates, choose one and then tell the rest of us why we chose him. I have not picked one yet, but this type of innuendo and rumor spreading is not helping me sort them out.:bang:

Age or just my knowledge with the long term happenings of SO? No, I was not, nor could I ever figure out who was. Heck I was so insignificant back then that I never was included on the direct mail list. Always use to read the reports from one of the other deputies. But with all of these drop in posters from places far off that have worked for Ralph, it got me thinking about the Dawg. Wonder what ever happened?

Would you mind giving those of us who are either new to the political scene or out of the loop a rundown on what/who "deputy dawg" is and what they did in the past? Was this someone in the last election who spread the truth about ralphie? Please let the unenlightened among us see the light.:dunno:

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Well it really appears to be down to three or four truly viable candidates. You have an opinion that Ralph is toast. I do not share that opinion. Some would say that the more candidates the more true differences between the candidates would surface. I don't believe that. It is like shopping for wallpaper - that is something I will never do again. To many colors,patters and most of all to many choices for people to not just get confused and just pick on to get out of the store (LOL).

We share the same objective "A New Sheriff in Town". I just happen to think the old one is still breathing.

PS - I could never find anyone who admitted to voting for Jimmy Carter. People do strange things in a voting booth. Tell you one thing and do just the opposite.

Last edited:

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Idlewild - A very important date is fast approaching. It is the quarterly finance reports deadline. After April 10th you will see who the acutal supporters of the candidates are, how serious the candidate is in his/her candidacy.

April 10 Q1 report due for candidates, political committees, committees of continuous existence, electioneering communication organizations, independent expenditure organizations, and State Executive Committees (Cover Period January 1, 2008 – March 31, 2008)

Today I felt a disturbance in the force - it more than likely means major changes in the candidates list.

It would not anger me in the least to be down to 3-4 candidates by this time next week. Ralphie will show no money if he follows his previous pattern, Adkinson will have several thousand and Cornman and Cooper will not have much as they have just entered the fray. If either of these have any serious money this early it could be a real show of strength. I doubt the other three have $1,000 between them and Macon and Wise have been at the process for some time. Hmmmmm. Another key figure would be how many ballot signatures each candidate has.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Idlewild - A very important date is fast approaching. It is the quarterly finance reports deadline. After April 10th you will see who the acutal supporters of the candidates are, how serious the candidate is in his/her candidacy.

April 10 Q1 report due for candidates, political committees, committees of continuous existence, electioneering communication organizations, independent expenditure organizations, and State Executive Committees (Cover Period January 1, 2008 ? March 31, 2008)

Today I felt a disturbance in the force - it more than likely means major changes in the candidates list.

Tell us about the disturbance.....