• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Kurt, did you have to fight the Dothan CBS station like I did? Funny how both the Panama City stations could care less, but Dothan, 100 miles away, didn't want to release me. Pressed the issue and got it done- I really like having the NY and LA feeds.

No, the only problem I've had is getting recent waivers for NBC and ABC HD feeds, but haven't bothered to follow up.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
No, the only problem I've had is getting recent waivers for NBC and ABC HD feeds, but haven't bothered to follow up.

Fight the man! That way when I get HD (when the youngest boy finishes college) you'll have blazed the trail!

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Tell DirecTV that, and that other DirecTV customers who are neighbors have waivers for CBS, and that you would hate to have to switch to Dish network.

I did, and again, about two months ago, they sent a waiver to CBS and they won't budge. I get the New York stations, not even local. Still no CBS. I've considered changing to Dish.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I get ABC, CBS, and NBC, and don't pay a penny to any of those cable or satellite companies. Just found an antenna, and duct taped it to a couple of pieces of long pvc pipe. Works pretty darn well, and it didn't cost me a penny.

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
regular nfl games are broadcast nationaly on Sunday afternoons on the following:
fox ,cbs
Sunday night games =nbc
Monday night games=espn
several Thurs and Sat. night games nfl network

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
I get ABC, CBS, and NBC, and don't pay a penny to any of those cable or satellite companies. Just found an antenna, and duct taped it to a couple of pieces of long pvc pipe. Works pretty darn well, and it didn't cost me a penny.

MacGyver.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
We spent part of last season in dish network/direct tv hell0 while living in Point Washington. Our neighbor got a waiver to get CBS but they would not give one to us. The antenna and duck tape technique was employed with little or no success (there was a snow storm in Tampa).
In October we moved to Mediacom land and boy were we happy...all of the games right in our own living room.
You have to understand that my husband and I take football very seriously, it is not uncommon to move tv's around to create a sports bar effect in the living room or back deck so we don't miss a game.

So basically, what y'all are telling me is we may be spending a lot of time at Shades this season!