• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Hi Everyone, :wave:

I just found this site a few days ago, and wanted to post a ?hello, nice to meet you? and introduce myself. I?m an Atlanta native and current resident, but did live for a short period of time in Crestone, CO and Lakeland, FL. In ?91 I married my high school sweetheart. We have one kid (boy 5). I love camping, hiking, organic gardening, reading, and I am a newbie aquarist. I am a flower child that was born too late (?71). But that hasn?t stopped me from being a conscious-minded, free thinker. My musical interests are wide and varied (rock to tech-fusion). But I especially love the Grateful Dead, Rush, and Jack Johnson.

I visited your area for the first time last September and fell in love with the place. It is sort of a fluke that I found it. I stumbled across it during a Google search for ?best beaches.? I?m the kind of person that goes where my heart leads, and decided to come for a visit. It was the best vacation I ever had. The community and the people I met are one of a kind. I appreciate not being made to feel like I was an invader. I plan to come for another visit in May. I think this is one of the best places I have ever been. In an effort to keep it that way, I plan to keep it a secret. As far as anyone else is concerned I am visiting Disney World. :D

:welcome:Flower-child

Have visited Crestone a number of times. And, I have a good friend who owns some beautiful property there. Quite the difference between Crestone and Atlanta!!!!! Just wanted to say welcome!!!!

:wave:Kat

ter1003

Beach Crab
Jan 18, 2006
Last week we were in Grayton Beach. I walked just west of the dunes and the lake water was red spilling into the gulf. What causes this?

Truffle Anne

Beach Fanatic
Jan 29, 2008
Dune Allen
Last week we were in Grayton Beach. I walked just west of the dunes and the lake water was red spilling into the gulf. What causes this?

Someone's nice Bordeaux? :shock:

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB

:welcome:

The red color is from tannins leached into the lake water from organic materials. (generally from leaf litter) It is not harmful to humans but causes poor visibility within the lakes.

Truffle Anne

Beach Fanatic
Jan 29, 2008
Dune Allen
:welcome:

The red color is from tannins leached into the lake water from organic materials. (generally from leaf litter) It is not harmful to humans but causes poor visibility within the lakes.

Nice Bordeaux got just the right amount of tannins! :wave:

canadian in BMB

Beach Comber
Apr 5, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Greetings from under the snow in Canada! What a beautiful and special vacation spot this is for us! We have made Blue Mountain Beach an annual trip for our family, even getting married on the beach last year!! This community is so special to us and one day we hope to make It our home. For now, we rent glorious vacation homes for 2 weeks a year and pretend like we are locals, amazed at the laid back and friendly southern hospitality that this amazing place provides us with each time we visit. I am so happy to have found this board so that I can still feel connected even though I am not there. To the locals, you are truly blessed to be able to call this place your home!:wave:

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Welcome Canucks. Being from just 6 miles South of ya, I understand why you'd want to visit here. I made it permanent a couple years ago myself. :welcome: