• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Speaking of fried chicken, we had Lee's Famous Recipe on the beach last night. After an afternoon on the beach, fried chicken and biscuits tasted wonderful!

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
After reading this thread, guess where I'm stopping for lunch before my haircut--yum!

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I have been told by a dietician that if you cut off 1/4 of the sandwich, and order it with the salad, it's a perfectly healthy meal. It's fried in a pressure fryer, so it cooks quickly and doesn't absorb much oil so it's not half as bad as your typical fried food.

Maybe I should take SJ with me, so my 1/4 sandwich could augment his meal.

Ah, to be tall....

Whenever I leave a restaurant not full, I give myself a little gold star and feel all proud of myself....

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
I had never heard about the wheat roll before... I will know to ask for it next time! I am not sure if I am strong enough to tell them to hold the butter though. Chick fil A is the only fast food I can stand, and that PCB store has "rescued" me several times during trips to HD for pine straw. :clap:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
This thread is making me want some CFA!! the biscuits are so yummy!!

Last edited:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Maybe Buddy's at 98 and 30A could add a Chick-Fil-A to its site when it does some remodeling. Would be nice to have one closer. It is an excellent business opportunity. Good corporate backup, training, etc. And... the food and service is great.

butterbean

Beach Fanatic
Jun 15, 2006
I likes to put that carrot salad on my Chic sand. Ate at Lee's Famous today, sorryfolks, it was awful. Breading still doughy and uncooked, makes the Colonel's Original look good, and I gave him up years ago.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I likes to put that carrot salad on my Chic sand. Ate at Lee's Famous today, sorryfolks, it was awful. Breading still doughy and uncooked, makes the Colonel's Original look good, and I gave him up years ago.

I hate to hear that. We enjoy Lee's frequently, but I tend to stick with their chicken fingers.

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
No Chick-fil-a up north here in Chicago - I always love to stop at one on our trips down to Sowal and it's a very pleasant change of pace. I like that they have some healthy options for sides and I haven't stopped at one yet that wasn't clean and well maintained.