• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
OM- that really ticks me off. A few years ago when they were doing the sit-ins in Destin I wrote a column on my thoughts about several beach issues. (I got some nasty responses from homeowners:D) I went down to Dune Allen and walked, and those atrocious walkovers that people had built after Ivan that stretched an ungodly distance to the water were such eyesores to the view. I don't even know if they're still there, but I couldn't believe they were allowed to build them!:eek:

Sorry you had to go through that...I think the kiddies doing a sit in is a great idea...if we could only get them to sit!!
Here's the column if you want to read it.

Your point about beach access was great! All that keeps popping into my head is a generalized version of the Native American belief that we really don't own any land.

I hate to get really philosophical but I do believe that in the coming years, we are really going to have to relearn the value of community & of sharing. We can't continue down this road of "It's mine!!!" for much longer.

sandybanks

Beach Fanatic
Mar 15, 2008
In a nice place
OM, I have a state park pass. You may want to get one. They're not that much and you can go at night. If I remember correctly there is a park just on the other side of Sea Side. It is a beautiful park.

They have showers and park rangers there. For as little as I think $86.00 you have your own beach. I live on the water and see how anal people get when someone gets on their property but let me say living on the water is over rated anyway.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
OM, I have a state park pass. You may want to get one. They're not that much and you can go at night. If I remember correctly there is a park just on the other side of Sea Side. It is a beautiful park.

They have showers and park rangers there. For as little as I think $86.00 you have your own beach. I live on the water and see how anal people get when someone gets on their property but let me say living on the water is over rated anyway.

Thanks, sandybanks!:wave: We actually live near Topsail & go there frequently, but the kids like using various accesses. There is an access quite close to the edge of Topsail that we use 90% of the time & have no trouble with homeowners or anything. That's why I've never experienced any of this at all.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Sounds like the perfect place for a soiree!

Steele mama, you are so funny!:clap: It's even funnier because you are so kind & proper that outrageous behaviour like that just seems so unlike you but then also so like you at the same time!!!!:love::love::love: Hugs & Love from all of us!

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
Steele mama, you are so funny!:clap: It's even funnier because you are so kind & proper that outrageous behaviour like that just seems so unlike you but then also so like you at the same time!!!!:love::love::love: Hugs & Love from all of us!
Kind and proper???? Oh thanks so much. Love you too! It would be friendly soiree. :D

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB
Not according to the lifeguard I spoke to today. He said there's a lady over at Ed Walline that doesn't put signs up, just lets her dog bark like mad at people on the beach when they're on her "property."

If you are talking about the home adjacent and east of the Dune Allen Access, that property extends south of his deck about just 65 feet. I looked at his survey.

I spoke with code enforcement about his sign when he first posted it. He put it at the southwest corner of his property but it's wording "please walk near the shore" or some words to that effect are misleading. Code enforcement told me that since he references a Florida Statute on the sign it is a DEP matter, not Walton County. I'm seriously considering making my own sign to put right next to his saying this beach is for public use referencing F.S. 253.001. Mine should stay up too.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
If you are talking about the home adjacent and east of the Dune Allen Access, that property extends south of his deck about just 65 feet. I looked at his survey.

I spoke with code enforcement about his sign when he first posted it. He put it at the southwest corner of his property but it's wording "please walk near the shore" or some words to that effect are misleading. Code enforcement told me that since he references a Florida Statute on the sign it is a DEP matter, not Walton County. I'm seriously considering making my own sign to put right next to his saying this beach is for public use referencing F.S. 253.001. Mine should stay up too.

:wave:He put up a second sign on the east side of his property, facing the water.